New Servern (With New Port)

Reckless

(edited)

I picked up a server today so we can scrim. Its is setup normal 10v10 rotating S&D and Sabotage.(with 4 reserve slots) I do not have permission yet to set it up GC (YET) but please know we will be running the same rules. (GC Admins please PM me for Rcon Password.) We're going to do our best run as close to a CAL setup as we can.

our main goal is to set up a server for top players and teams to come practice we are completely open to new ideas as far as server settings.

IP 8.9.37.137 :28960

Edited by Reckless

Cool stuff! So is this a private or public server? Which company is hosting it?

If this is a private server, I'm fine with you posting the information. If this is a public server, I'd suggest making it private, since it's cheaper + you won't have random pubbers connecting. And if you'd like to keep it public, that's your choice... you're paying for it. :)

As far as posting the IP goes, please hold off for a bit - just checking with the higher-ups on this one. I'm sure it should be fine... this is kinda like when SJ was hosting the West CS server awhile back.

no update?

No sir not yet.... I can tell you that the server is up and running strong we had a fun game of eight on eight last night. I can already see there's going to take some time to build of a reliable following so there's always someone in the server.

no update?

No sir not yet.... I can tell you that the server is up and running strong we had a fun game of eight on eight last night. I can already see there's going to take some time to build of a reliable following so there's always someone in the server.

I don't think I missed it above, but having the IP would help ;)

The biggest frustration I have with our server from time to time is sheer scale, it would be nice to have somewhere more cozy...

no update?

I don't think I missed it above, but having the IP would help ;)

The biggest frustration I have with our server from time to time is sheer scale, it would be nice to have somewhere more cozy...

I would love to post the IP but I still don't have permission yet give me a couple more days I'll see what I can get done.

If I don't hear back from the higher ups tonight, then go ahead and post the IP tonight. I'll take the flak for it if it's not OK by the higher-ups.

My only concern is that this might be spreading our regs/admins too thin. Let's see how it goes for now; we may need to reconsider if our main server dips in popularity for awhile.

And I'll update our main server config to advertise the new S&D/Sab server some time this weekend.

(edited)

put PAM on it, if you want to simulate cal rules...cal has a config to download on their site

caleague.com

goto cod4 on the right, and goto files

if its a good server, and s&d, with pam on it, and good maps (no wetwork, etc)...I might be able to get you a decent amount of traffic

Also, if you just do cal MOTW, i.e. this week do strike 24/7 last week was pipeline, whatever map is being played for the matches, lots of people will practice there

Edited by tookey

put PAM on it, if you want to simulate cal rules...cal has a config to download on their site

caleague.com

goto cod4 on the right, and goto files

if its a good server, and s&d, with pam on it, and good maps (no wetwork, etc)...I might be able to get you a decent amount of traffic

Also, if you just do cal MOTW, i.e. this week do strike 24/7 last week was pipeline, whatever map is being played for the matches, lots of people will practice there

After 5 hours off fighting with the server we are now ready.

We are runing PAMpub This will give us a competition atmosphere we are looking for without locking everything down. We decided to run more than just the map of the week but we have narrowed our map list.

If any body has any suggestions please feel free to speak up,a when it comes to changes we will take majority rule

(edited)

SERVER UPDATED!

PAM Mod 4.01 running in Pub Mode

CAL|CEVO|TGL|TWL Loadout and Class Restrictions

For those that dont know what those mean:

CAL = Cyberathlete Amateur League -

CEVO = CyberEvolution -

TGL = Total Gaming League -

TWL = TeamWarfare League -

NO UAV's, Airstrikes, or Helio's

Should only be a few minor tweaks left to be made.

Enjoy everyone.

Edited by tuck225

im wokring on getting my windows install up and running, so far no luck :( I have my legit cd key for sp2, but I cant find my disc... I have the corporate disc for the original install, but it won't let update to sp2 and now I can't find my cd key changer..

Quick question, I was going to join last night, but saw that the server had a nice even 10 folks on there and I didn't know if you guys were having a friendly match etc.

As future reference will it be passworded if that is happening? Just so I don't click join and find myself being requested to leave.

Quick question, I was going to join last night, but saw that the server had a nice even 10 folks on there and I didn't know if you guys were having a friendly match etc.

As future reference will it be passworded if that is happening? Just so I don't click join and find myself being requested to leave.

Yes if "we" (BS or GC) are in a match we will lock down the server. We spent most of last night restarting and restarting and restarting the server to get the server config %100 I think we are there but you never know.