Week 5 - Tough for Some - Check in!

Fatty

Mini has been back and forth from the hospital a lot.....rough period for his family right now with Timmy Jr. workin at mastering this crazy world (he's doing great tho!)

It's spring break for me.....had no major workouts this past weekend (tennis is over and had a chess tourney on sunday instead of basketball).....lil' partying here and there and I'm not feeling all that wonderful. Did get in 4 miles on the road yesterday and then 2 tonight on the tread....wanted to do 4 but just not feeling wonderful atm (tired....I celebrated St. Patty's last night like I was 21....). One good thing is that we went out for Mexican and I didn't have a SINGLE chip. I dipped my finger in habanero salsa every time I wanted a chip...which took away the urge.

Anyways, we have a LONG way to go, folks. This is no sprint, it's quite the marathon. Post up both encouragement and the need for it.

Personally, this week, if I lose a lb or hold steady, I will be content. I'll be very disappointed if I gain anything....so two more workouts in the next two days are in order.

I was going to post a week five tonight if nobody did so I am glad to see you got it in Fatty.

My thoughts are with Mini, wish him the best...

I had a slip this week because of Spring Break also...Darn GS cookies. I ate only one sleeve of thin mints so not the worst but I was still upset at myself, but Friday will tell.

I did find a great way to make Chicken Salad that cuts cals in half...use Salsa instead of mayo, with some black beans and spices...great taste and half the cals.

I am still hitting the tread 5-6 times a week doing 2 miles each night @ 4mph at a 7% incline..man I hate that darn incline.. :(

I have really took to that same thinking Fatty, to make sure I know it is the long haul turn around, and it will take a few extra months to change what I have done to myself over the years.

Keep it up everyone...I believe in u, and I believe in me... :)

My lower spine is swelling. Since I have ankylosing spondylitis I knew this was going to happen if I got strep throat again. (long story)

I can only work out my upper body. I can barely put on my socks without screaming in pain.

Now would be a good time to have health insurance.