Please pray

A good friend of our family's kid died Friday night. He was in grade 9, they went into his room to get him, and he was just there dead. The autopsy revealed he had an enlarged heart and high sugar content in his blood. The family really wasn't expecting this (who ever does?) and they thought he was a healthy kid, didn't know there were any problems. The funeral is either tomorrow or Tuesday. Thanks guys.

Edit: His parents aren't christians as far as I know, but their relatives are and he (Donivan sp?) went to the Bible camp I work at for a couple weeks for the last few summers. I knew him since he was a little kid.

Edited by DarkArchon

Untimely deaths are always very difficult, in these times it is best not to dwell on the "whys" but instead to lean on one another. As you feel stronger be a comfort to those who are not. God is always there as a comfort to those who have no one to lean on. I will pray blessings on the family and friends of this young man. God bless you as well.

Update:

The funeral was on Tuesday last week, and it went really really well. My dad was his Sunday School teacher, and the family asked him to share at the funeral. He also taught the kid's mom in Sunday School when she was growing up. The showing was family only, but they invited him because he's had a huge impact in all of their lives, and the same thing with the grave-side.

He shared the gospel at the funeral, and so did the pastor doing the actual ceremony. A lot of good things have come from it, and it's exciting to see God working there. Thanks for praying guys!