Logitech Setpoint

Bewildered

Any tips for setting up the dynamic gaming stuff for setpoint?

As I was trying to get setpoint to detect counterstrike, I first tried adding hl2.exe, as the standard two protocols they have listed weren't working. That didn't work, so I added the steam.exe to the list and then it started to recognize my gaming settings. So I had it all adjusted, and decided I liked 750 resolution (MX518 optical).

Then, just before our TWL match last night, I did a clean boot (something I always do). I get back into source, and my mouse settings are all hosed. Spent 15 minutes, while we waited for the other team to noshow, and this is what I tried:

- restart steam and source (no change)

- change setpoint settings, apply, put back to 750, apply (no change)

- add ventrillo to list of setpoint games (worky worky?)

So, I think I figured out that I need to add ventrillo to that list too? Am I doing something wrong?

Heh- changing the sensitivity was the only thing I DID like about it.

I thought game detection just hated me, apparently its everyone.

Eventually I went back to 510 tho

You guys remember all those probs I used to have with that 518? Sheesh

what benefits do you get from setpoint anyways? I have it installed on my computer at home but I never haved cared enough to go and actually try to use it.

It promises to allow u to set a gaming configuration thats different from your standard configuration. I think its supposed to give you greater range of control over the resolution of your mouse - e.g. from what I can see, you can adjust resolution from 400 px to 1600 px at 50px intervals. It doesn't appear that you can set a different configuration for each game, but I think the idea is you have 5 different settings you can cycle through using the plus and minus buttons on your mouse. I'm not sure what the plus and minus buttons do if your not using the game detection thing.

The above is just a guess. I figured out I like 750, I don't know how to set it there if I do what M2 says, and turn the game detection off and just have one set of settings. What I get without that seems like its just a slider bar, and it doesn't appear to have as many stops on it (e.g. it doesn't have 26 stops I don't think). Unless you're saying DON't use setpoint at all. Hmmmmmmm. Maybe I should try that.