Error

Dahzer the Cosmic Fool

exit steam. right click on the system tray icon and exit it.

open windows explorer, browse to c:\program files\steam. delete clientregistry.blob

restart steam. let it update the files. should happen automagically.

when that's done, open steam, browse to your installed games, and right click on counter strike source. choose properties.

go to the local files tab. click "verify integrity of game cache."

==

that's like the standard three finger salute for steam. fixes most problems, unless you're canadian (hi mo!).

no, seriously, the steampowered forums serve as a black hole to answers (and reason). it wouldn't be that far fetched for a response to Dahzer's problem to be something like "reformat."

it's nothing but trolls -- like 4chan, just minus the pictures.

no, seriously, the steampowered forums serve as a black hole to answers (and reason). it wouldn't be that far fetched for a response to Dahzer's problem to be something like "reformat."

it's nothing but trolls -- like 4chan, just minus the pictures.

So a better 4chan? Ah, I see.

so what else is going on over there, dweez? it's cold here, and i'm bored. go figure, right?

is it snowing there too sj?

and steampowered forums are most definitely a black hole i've tried before looking up help in there only to get crap answers

Welcome to the forums.

................................................................................

Here you go...use them liberally.

well i was fooling around with it yesterday and on other servers it lasted longer but still came up, but i can run a server with bots and it doesnt show up meaning that, im no tech support cat, it is a problem between me and the server and i have no clue where to go steam support (yea i know) told me to try reseting my internet connection but no still comes

i've heard of similar troubles stemming from routers. might want to make sure your firmware is up-to-date. if you are using a rounter, try bypassing straight to your computer and see if that takes care of it. the other thing you might try is to shutdown steam, delete the following files: ClientRegistry.blob, Steam.dll, and SteamUI.dll then restart steam, let it update and try again.