Computer Setup

Tisel

(edited)

So, this is what I'm looking to get. It fits my 500 dollar price range pretty well. I know it's not all the best, but I think it will meet my needs just fine.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/wishlis...SRCCODE=WEBWISH

It's muh wishlist, but I expect to have this within the week or so.

Edit: Also, I'm getting more than the one fan. I just have the one up to keep track of the one I wanted.

Edited by Tisel

I'm sure price has something to do with it.. I couldnt pass up the Opteron 170 I picked up for $60.00, I have it clocked at 2.6ghz on stock cooling..

That setup looks good for the price.

one thing to watch is that the cpu is listed as oem. meaning it doesn't have heatsink. obviously i would assume they'd include one but you never know.

one thing to watch is that the cpu is listed as oem. meaning it doesn't have heatsink. obviously i would assume they'd include one but you never know.

Yeah, I thought the same as well. So, I'm just going to save myself the worry and by a Processor Cooling unit.

As for the AMD. Yeah, I am on a tight budget. That was the best deal I thought I could get for the money I'm able to spend. I really don't need a Quad Core processor, and Dual Core isn't really something I have to have. I'm not doing any video editing, or looking to run three or four things at a time or something like that. It's strictly going to be for running whatever game I'm playing at the time. So I think it will be sufficient enough for that.

...and Dual Core isn't really something I have to have. I'm not doing any video editing, or looking to run three or four things at a time or something like that. It's strictly going to be for running whatever game I'm playing at the time. So I think it will be sufficient enough for that.

isn't the one you linked to dual core? you most definitely want dual core these days. you'd be a moron to buy anything else. just about any new game out uses at least 2 cores. not to mention when you're gaming in a single core game the second core can do other operating related tasks like ventrilo or bt.

...and Dual Core isn't really something I have to have. I'm not doing any video editing, or looking to run three or four things at a time or something like that. It's strictly going to be for running whatever game I'm playing at the time. So I think it will be sufficient enough for that.

isn't the one you linked to dual core? you most definitely want dual core these days. you'd be a moron to buy anything else. just about any new game out uses at least 2 cores. not to mention when you're gaming in a single core game the second core can do other operating related tasks like ventrilo or bt.

Yeah, this is true. I was more getting at the fact that Intel, while it is better, is not something I really have to have over AMD. The setup I'm getting should be more than sufficient for the games I actually play. (i.e. Counter-Strike: Source, World of Warcraft and maybe UT3 in the future.) Now, if I do get heavy into other things I might look into better options. I just felt, for the money, that was the best way for me to go without spending an arm and a leg that I don't have. Haha.

Yeah, this is true. I was more getting at the fact that Intel, while it is better, is not something I really have to have over AMD. The setup I'm getting should be more than sufficient for the games I actually play. (i.e. Counter-Strike: Source, World of Warcraft and maybe UT3 in the future.) Now, if I do get heavy into other things I might look into better options. I just felt, for the money, that was the best way for me to go without spending an arm and a leg that I don't have. Haha.

those games you play are all incredibly cpu limited and you'd actually benefit more from having an intel cpu than if you played crysis or some other really new game not based on the ut or source engine.