Microphone issue

KagE

Hello everyone,

I've come here to ask advice on an issue i've had for some time now. Here goes, I have a 5H V2 headset from steelseries as shown below:

stock.jpg

The problem: Half the time, it doesnt work: what i mean is that, it's just noise coming out, and I get this problem when using ventrilo.

When that happens i go in the setup menu of ventrilo, then go down left and try a few codecs, test with it, most of the time it is still noise, then after a few tries the first codec starts to work all of a sudden.

I know the problem can't be from the microphone, because it's new, then where is it coming from...?

Please let me know what you think,

The guys on the TWL team know what I'm talking about...

1. Yes it is a normal two plug style (mic and heaphones)

2. It is the onboard of my mobo: ASUS M2N SLI DELUXE 570 SLI PCI-E

And do you believe the problem could be from the sound card being cheap or just simply bad?

Yeah it sounds like a driver issue, you're basically asking your onboard device to allocate itself to two operations simultaneously, which sounds like its confusing to the driver. Check your bios for any options that you can change, not sure if that will accomplish anything. The drivers are the most important.

• 1 month later...

Well, i've updated the drivers, and since then the mic seems to register only the noise around me, as the sound coming from the headset for example. Everything but the voice...And also, half the time it still does register static noise...

I don't know what else to do...?

Well when i go into ventrilo -> setup -> test options i hear the sounds that are coming out of the headset, for example music that the microphone registers, but the voice doesnt seem to get through...Oh and moving the mic doesn't change a thing. That would probably have been the case were the mic broken or something, in this case it is 1-2 months old and the mic works on other computers as well.

I'll try to catch you on cujo.

KagE