Silent Assasin

infideL

Yea well, it seems there was a hacker tonight.. it was pretty obvious

He himself admitted it, I asked him why he was doing it, then said for fun, and kept killing everyone

yep so, thats the name : Silent Assasin, think he was like lvl 10 last i saw

[utube]rLd_3R2E9mg[/utube]

Heh, you beat me here! I recorded a bit of him earlier and I intended to post it sooner, but I had a bit of trouble trying to get an encoder that would compress the Xfire-made video (VLC wasn't working with it for some reason or another).

The dude is definitely a hack, in the video, you can see how his crosshairs snap to the heads of the people near him. A few times it even seems like he is cycling through them in order to find the easiest target, or to shoot at two people at once.

If you guys have your server on PBBans, I would suggest forwarding this demo to them (and checking that guy's screen shots).

If one of you wants a copy with of the video with better quality (800x600 and ~70MB) send me a message on Xfire and I can send it to you.

I add your server as a favorite earlier, its a fun place to hang out.

K, thanks for posting up guys. In the process of banning now. I have to pull down the server log, which is now 1.5GB (time to clean it up!).

And TyIzaeL, welcome to the forums! Glad you like the server... if you have any suggestions for the server, feel free to post them up.

I have to pull down the server log, which is now 1.5GB (time to clean it up!).

Yeah, they can get pretty big. I remember when I ran a few F.E.A.R. servers, I used to download all of the server logs to a compressed directory (text files tend to compress very well) and use Google Desktop (the windows search feature works too) to index and search the logs when I needed to look people up.

I know I'm not an official paying member of GC and all that but I would like to say something regarding this in general. I play on the server almost every time I play COD4. I have noticed the lack of GC members not to mention admins. I know Hell Hound plays from time to time and once in a while I will see a member pop in.

I would just like to make a quick observation here. The server runs great, and is always full, however, there is a large lack of admin status and it shows. There are times where the server gets out of control with language and hacks and all around NON-GC-BEHAVIOR. All I am saying is that we come to the GC servers because they get watched often for things like this. To have it happen as often as just I myself see it happen is kind of disappointing.

It would be pretty cool to see more GC tags playing more often. I hope I don't sound like I'm just mouthing off, that is not my intention. You guys know me enough to know I'm all for the GC. I just thought I would give a little heads up for the ones in charge. Thanks guys, see you in the pubs.

I know I'm not an official paying member of GC and all that but I would like to say something regarding this in general. I play on the server almost every time I play COD4. I have noticed the lack of GC members not to mention admins. I know Hell Hound plays from time to time and once in a while I will see a member pop in.

I would just like to make a quick observation here. The server runs great, and is always full, however, there is a large lack of admin status and it shows. There are times where the server gets out of control with language and hacks and all around NON-GC-BEHAVIOR. All I am saying is that we come to the GC servers because they get watched often for things like this. To have it happen as often as just I myself see it happen is kind of disappointing.

It would be pretty cool to see more GC tags playing more often. I hope I don't sound like I'm just mouthing off, that is not my intention. You guys know me enough to know I'm all for the GC. I just thought I would give a little heads up for the ones in charge. Thanks guys, see you in the pubs.

Primus, your points I agree with completely. I do not play on this server because my PC is down and out, so I play this game on xbox live. I went through this a long time ago with the CS:S scopeless server and ended up applying for admin myself. if you have the extra cash and the reputation why dont you give it a go? I plan on getting this game for the pc as well when my new build is complete.

(edited)

Totally agree with Primus on that, I've been playing there for some time now but I never see the kind of commitment it used to have (back in the days when people thought of making a scrim night..)

Personally, I haven't been playing much on the GC server lately because I've grown tired of Team Deathmatch and that I'm part of the bs clan, so I scrim more, but thats just me...

Oh and Primus, his name isn't Hell Hound, more like hellbound ;)

Edited by infideL

Sorry for the mistake on the name. :D

Thanks for the support. I know its tough to try to be in every night or even a couple of nights a week to keep things in check. I just thought it might be a little heads up to keep the riff raff from ruining a great server and game.

See ya in the pub!