PRRROOBBLLEEMM!!!!!!

Guest Boy Sherman

Guest Boy Sherman
Guest Boy Sherman
Guest Boy Sherman
Guests

I installed a 512 RAM Chip (Type: SD) into my comp. I took out my (2) 128's because 1 had died and my mobo couldnt hold 512 and 128.. thats just too much for my mobo. So when i booted up... it was loading all the RAM like a bullet and it stopped at 256... i was mad. very mad.... and so i went into my config.. said 256... My mobo can hold 512, i know this, i have an AMD Athlon processor, my mobo is: K7M.... and i want to know if anyone knows how to fix this... thx.. plz IM me at: xoSHEHATESMEox

or email me at: ShadowDog@adelphia.net

also make sure you didn't get high density ram...it's a thing that most ppl miss when they buy ram (if you bought it online) and basically it's overclocked ram. How many slots do you have for ram and how much will your mobo hold total?

if you have 2 slots and you can hold 512mb ram then high density ram would only show up as 256mb.....if you can hold a gig of ram and you have 2 slots the high density would STILL show up as 256mb......you need to be able to hold at least 1.5gig of ram for a 512mb high density ram chip to work as 512mb and not 256............w00t?

haha right, right.....anyway, heres my solutions to your problem.

1. make sure that the mobo supports (1) 512. it may support 512 but in two different slots, I dunno read to manual!!!!

2. get new ram