what's web 3.0?

stutters

web 2.0 was putting the user in control of their user experience within an anticipated context. web 3.0 is putting the user at the developer level, without the user knowing it. enter, ubiquity. it's just an extension, but the concept is getting at something bigger:

http://labs.mozilla.com/2008/08/introducing-ubiquity/

if you're in a "show me pictures not words" mood:

http://www.vimeo.com/1561578

:boing:

Ok...can't watch the video from work so I'm not really sure how awesome this thing is. I was thinking "meh". Then I installed it, went to a page and hit "ctrl + space" and typed "email to mom" and it (somehow) knew that "mom" was my mothers email address.

Now I'm thinking "BAM!"

This is awesome...and that's just the beginning of it.

The web is disconnected...information and services are far apart...you can't put a map in an email.

Add to this the completely inappropriate use of the word "mashup" and I crown Aza the db king of the universe!

GC Alumni
The web is a fad. Ever heard of Worse is better? Any day now the masses will flock back to Unix-style terminals with text-only browsers. Dialup BBS's are coming back. The future is yesterday.
i got drunk one night and filtered wikipedia from all of my terminals. can you copy and paste that? thanks.

I agree. This seems to be the first step of going towards Vista where every time I do something it's like "Are you sure? Did you mean this? Here's 100 pop-ups that you have to accept to certify that you know what you're doing." But I'll wait and see, most of that seemed pretty useless to me.