Tech question

Ruff_Ryder

Maybe one of you can help me out, I'm jamming along playing UT3 and I start to get some lag so I pull up the stat fps and the fps drops down to less than 5 fps then jumps to over 60, on this server my ping was 31.

Is this a server side problem or can it be with my IP?

Thanx.

Maybe one of you can help me out, I'm jamming along playing UT3 and I start to get some lag so I pull up the stat fps and the fps drops down to less than 5 fps then jumps to over 60, on this server my ping was 31.

Is this a server side problem or can it be with my IP?

Thanx.

I don't know if you remember when it came out, but a lot of us were saying things like this.

Unexplained FPS drops during online play on certain maps...all the while the ping and p/l remain good.

I experienced this with 3 different computer configs. First with a dual core athlon (@2.7ghz and 3 gb DDR) and a 7900 GT...

Next with the dual core athlon (same cpu and ram as above) and an 8800 GT...

Lastly with a brand new core 2 E8400 (@ 3.0ghz and 4 gb DDR2) and TWO 8800GT in SLI.

SAD

Didn't really matter about update either (to game or windows xp or drivers for the NVidia cards).

I still get super sub par FPS on certain maps (the city warfare map is one of them, as well as the bridge map).

What is your computer setup...and have you checked gaming stability with other graphically intense games?

Try running 3dmark06 about 10 times in a row with no breaks. Or play the last level of crysis for about an hour...that'd do it.

Run some hardware monitors (cpu, gpu, and power supply) temperature monitors...

(edited)
I didn't know anyone still had servers for UT3. I unistalled it about 2 months after it came out. Did it get any better with updates or not?

LOL, there are hundreds of UT3 servers, I play UT3 all the time.

They are currently on version 1.3 as far as patches go, I always post new patches here:

http://www.gamrs.co/forums/in...showtopic=34722

Edited by Ruff_Ryder

You know, don't make me reinstall the stupid thing for pete sake Ruff. I gave up hope on that game, but you act as though its worth giving another try.

I really have a good time playing UT3, but I never had a problem with it. :shrug03:

I really would have liked playing it...I even reinstalled once I got my new rig, but the problems remained. Drops in FPS rates, no matter the resolution, no matter the hardware. That made it tough to compete against people who didn't experience a 75% drop in FPS.

Besides, I never could get the hang of it, due to all the visual fluff...I guess I was too used to the sharp, very unrealistic world of UT2004.

Ok, I re-installed the stupid thing. All for the sake of Ruff. However, 2 days into it and I realized why I un-installed it in the first place.

The weapons are ungodly slow and and the hit boxes are so tight you can barely bring down a raptor with the shock rifle. The vehicles I don't have a problem with--all but the bender, still totally useless. I just can't get the feel for the weapons.

If you go on some night Ruff let, post up and I'll pop in with ya. Oh ya, I get 60 to 70 fps, not bad I think.

I'm running:

AMD dualcore 4200

2 gigs 3200

8800gts 320mb

Audigy 4

600w psu

All for the sake of Ruff.

LOL, don't blame me.

What do mean when you say the weapons are slow?

IMHO UT3 blows UT2004 away in every aspect, And I really love the graphics, yes you need a pretty powerful rig to take full advantage of UT3, I play it maxed out @ 1920 x 1200 and its a good time.

Lately I play under the name: iBlast and MurdaOne, are you still using Primus?

Yep, Primus it is. I'll send you a friend message with those 2 names.

The shock rifle is much slower but i just need to work with it. Was never an SR man to begin with i guess.

I'll look for ya, what nights do you get to play?

The shock rifle is much slower but i just need to work with it. Was never an SR man to begin with i guess.
Try this server: DHS Extreme Gaming-Speedfreak.They definitely speed things up a notch, I am currently working afternoons so I only play evenings on the weekends.