Fringe

mookie

Fringe  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This show was talked up so much (probably mostly by FOX). To my eye it was short on development, and my mind started wandering as the show went on. Maybe it was just the Sox game. Everyone else disagree? Love it, thought it sucked?

Poll is broken, I neither thought it lived up to the hype nor was I disappointed.

It was ok, but a little too generic for my tastes, not sure what their target audience is because it was a little too cheesey for the diehards to accept. Then again people like BSG and claim to be hardcore so I'm sure people out there really enjoyed this.

I mean...it's by J.J. Abrams right? (of Alias and Lost fame). It's bound to be really good for the first 1 to 2 seasons then get really pointless and confusing.

Oh and Anonymo...what's wrong with BSG? Are you one of those elitist geeks who thinks things are only really good if no one knows what's going on?

I mean...it's by J.J. Abrams right? (of Alias and Lost fame). It's bound to be really good for the first 1 to 2 seasons then get really pointless and confusing.

Oh and Anonymo...what's wrong with BSG? Are you one of those elitist geeks who thinks things are only really good if no one knows what's going on?

No, I just find the production quality and direction of the show to be sub par for the namesake. I find myself watching BSG because I yearn for the story line but after the show's over I feel like I've wasted my time. That's the best way I can describe it. I get the same feeling from Firefly and Stargate. Maybe I'm just bitter that I don't like the shows when I really want to, coupled with the realization that I'm never going to get anything better.

No, I just find the production quality and direction of the show to be sub par for the namesake. I find myself watching BSG because I yearn for the story line but after the show's over I feel like I've wasted my time. That's the best way I can describe it. I get the same feeling from Firefly and Stargate. Maybe I'm just bitter that I don't like the shows when I really want to, coupled with the realization that I'm never going to get anything better.

That's why you are canadian. superior.

Edited by anonymo
consistency

Sorry to stay off topic here...but you're telling me that you don't like the new Battlestar Galactica because the directing and production quality don't stand up to the camp-fest that was the original?

I...I just don't understand.

:shrug03:

The production quality and directing of the new Battlestar Galactica is what makes it one of the best sci fi shows of all time.

You also don't like Firefly? And you are trying to say that Stargate is even in the same realm as those previous two?

Let me guess...you enjoyed Farscape and Babylon 5 didn't you?

I almost NEVER watch TV unless I'm at my girlfriend's house and since I happened to be there the day that this show premiered I can form an opinion. :)

Personally, I did not like the show. The acting was poor by most of the actors. The lead female role and main male role's father in particular were terrible in my opinion. The plot was very predictable (except for what came out of the hussy at the start of the show. I was guessing it would be an alien). This show reminded me of the X-Files, except that I had no interest in watching it. I used to love watching the X-Files mainly because of the mystery and suspense that each episode contained. This show had neither. Also, the "science" portion of this show was so far-fetched and fake I found myself just making fun of it the whole time. I understand it's fiction; but come on, the audience isn't stupid! The worst part was when they used an eye from a dead female to "view" her last several memories through a television screen..... HOW PATHETIC! Oh... and her "eye" was perfectly round when removed from her body. I'm guessing the writers have never taken a science class in their life because in real life the eye melts away when someone dies.

In the end, I will NOT be watching this show ever again