Crysis: Warhead

Tek-Almighty

I can't figure out the spawning situation. I assumed it was like battlefield, you click on an team occupied token and hit done and you

spawn from there. There are times where i won't spawn for like 2 or 3 minutes so I don't understand what the deal is with that. Anyone know?

It confuses me too. I know you can only spawn at your base and bunkers (the things with flags) you click them so they are highlighted on the map after you die to spawn on them. You click the Okay button and then you wait. That's the part I get lost at. Sometimes it just sits there and I click my mouse buttons a lot and it pops up showing from 5-15 seconds until I spawn. Other times I click and click and it never shows up, other times I just spawn right away.

I think it does it in waves, so players spawn together. I've never had to wait 2 or 3 minutes for a spawn before. The only possible thing I can think of, which I have done before, is you need to select a new place to spawn if the bunker you tried to spawn at gets taken over while you are waiting to spawn. So if you are fighting, die, and click a bunker to spawn at and it gets taken over you will have to click another bunker to spawn at or spawn at your base.

On a side note, why are vehicles so cheap? The sniper rifle with a scope and ammo is the same price as a high end tank.

I wish I knew how to build one lol!!!

Ya, I didn't know you can only spawn at base and bunkers. I also didn't know about spawning in groups. I figured out the no spawn at bunkers under attack but I assumed you could spawn at your base at any time but I still don't spawn even there at times. That part is very confusing. I see other players spawn right away all the time, would it be a steam thing maybe or what.

All I know is that its frustrating. Oh well I guess I'll get it figured out sooner or later. I do like the powerstruggle this time. Makes the game much more fun than just another DM multiplayer. I'm learning it slowly but shurley.

Edited by Primus

You can build vehicles at the proper buildings. You go to a war factory, hit the buy button, then on the top there are tabs, one of them is the vehicles one that will let you buy tanks. You can also buy vehicles at your base, like trucks with Gauss rifles on them, or boats if your base is on water. I

n vehicles I feel so vulnerable though, a rocket is only like 150 credits, then there's mines and C4 you have to deal with also. There are so many people running around I find it pretty easy to throw C4 on a tank if you hide in some trees or bushes and wait for it too pass.

• 4 weeks later...

The primary mode is you holding a research facility and some alien power node things around the map. A bar for your team fills up at the top of the screen, when it gets to 100% you can get nukes to blow up the enemy base and win the match. The thing is you have to own the research facility to be able to build the nukes, so you have to hold that, you have to also hold the power nodes so you get to 100% energy before the other team. There's also other things spread around the map to capture, bunkers for spawning, airfields for VTOLs and tank factories for tanks. So on a full server there's pretty much fighting happening everywhere, most of it happening at the research facility though.

On an individual level I think it's like CS combined with the Battlefield series. You buy weapons like CS and capture points like Battlefield. You capture points and kill people to get money to buy weapons. You can level up like in Battlefield, the higher your rank the more money you start with when you spawn. The only complaint I have about the leveling up is it isn't persistent like Battlefield, when you change games it resets, which is a bummer.

The game also has standard team death match and death match without buying and weapons being scattered about the map.