sv_pure

ash

I have custom sounds and can't connect. I tried disabling them but I still get kicked for inconsistency on custom maps regardless if they are the right map or I delete them. Is there any chance of setting sv_pure so it lets people with custom stuff connect without renaming folders? The server would still be pure but it would be more convenient for certain users.

That's not what sv_pure does; when you connect, your client will automagically load clean files into memory. Restart Steam. If that doesn't help, delete clientregistry.blob. If that doesn't help, post exactly what files are listed as a problem.

sound scripts for weapons and physics. i renamed the folder so they wont load but i still have problems with custom maps. i dont have contra and it wont let me dl it. i get kicked for consistency. :(. its probably the same with other maps too.

That's not what sv_pure does; when you connect, your client will automagically load clean files into memory. Restart Steam. If that doesn't help, delete clientregistry.blob. If that doesn't help, post exactly what files are listed as a problem.

I had this problem, and the client registry thing did the trick.

Other places to look for files

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\counter-strike source\cstrike\maps\soundcache

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials\de_contra

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials\overviews

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\counter-strike source\cstrike\resource\overviews

All have contra files in them, may be what you need to delete, and of course the maps file w/ the .bsp and .nav files.

I use to run custom skins for all my weapons and players. Many sound packs for all the weapons and different HUD and I never had a problem with them. Since I joined the TWL team, I've had to get rid of them because they are not allowed. Usually when you get kicked for consistency it will tell you what model or file it is. Let me know which one and I'll help you out.