Megaman 9

anonymo

Reminded me why I hate Megaman games!

Also a harsh realization that I have in fact lost most of my video game playing ability in my (getting)older age, as I clearly remember being able to get through more than 30 seconds of a Megaman game... :(

why oh why would you submit yourself to that torture??? I remember playing through Megaman (3?) on my gameboy and got thisclose to beating it. After spending the next week failing miserably to get back to that point I gave up. It does kind of make me remember the fact that when I was younger and playing NES, Genesis, etc. games I rarely was able to beat a game. I mean hardly ever. The lack of saves and limited playing time made the task exceedingly monumental (leaving the system on pause for days at a time was frowned upon). Now I feel the need to beat a game before I can move onto the next. :shrug03:

And now for something completely different:

Since I didn't think it warranted it's own thread, I'd like to mention here that through the magic of emulation I am playing Chrono Trigger for the first time EVAR. With my newfound interest in RPGs (thanks, Mass Effect) I thought that I would see what all the fuss was about with this game since so many people put it at or near the top of their "best games ever" list.

I'm not really a turn-based combat fan, but I can see how people can get sucked into it. Three hours in and fun times! :)

I downloaded the trial version and spent the next hour getting my "donkey" handed to me. It's humbling to realize that I now suck at the supremely difficult games of my youth.

I think this is the low point of my gaming lull. I'm bored with what I've got, and Megaman 9 certainly hasn't helped since I can't beat the first stinking level.

Fallout 3 can't get here soon enough!!!!!1!!1!!!!11!!!!