1ncr3as3 your s1z3!

Tek-Almighty

:boing:

So I bought this

on ebay the other day...got it on Friday.

Dell 2407, 24" monitor.

I used to have a 22" Acer (gave to the wifey). And, I must tell you, the dell 24" is night and day quality-wise, picture-wise, everything-wise.

It is used, but for all intents and purposes, is brand new...it even came in the orig packaging.

The only thing I cannot get used to is the extreme brightness and color saturation.

Any dell 24" users out there? Got any adjustment hints?

(edited)

brightness 50. contrast is locked to 50 i guess cause it's dvi? colour is also 50,50,50. i tried messing around more but without proper config it just looks weird.

i could have told you dell would be night and day better than acer! :) infact, i'm sure i've been saying it for years. how much did you pay?

Edited by Cujo

brightness 50. contrast is locked to 50 i guess cause it's dvi? colour is also 50,50,50. i tried messing around more but without proper config it just looks weird.

i could have told you dell would be night and day better than acer! :) infact, i'm sure i've been saying it for years. how much did you pay?

I haven't found a contrast adjustment yet...not only that, but I have not installed the software it came with, as I usually find that monitor software is less than helpful.

I will try the mentioned settings and see...

I paid $361 and it is practically new...no defects, no scratches, nothing.

Although, I do notice that this panel gets significantly hotter than my acer...I can actually fee heat coming off of screen...not crazy, but definitely noticable.

I believe the 2407 is sig. different from the E248...but not so much from the 2405.

I had to go with the acer at the time, as it was the best ws lcd I could afford and the resolution of the 24" at the time would have crippled my hardware at the settings I like (high, with AA and AF).