Using my TV and my Monitor

lazarus

So I will be getting a new hdtv pretty soon. Is it possible to hook my TV into my computer and watch movies that I have on my computer without having to switch out cables or whatnot?

This seems like I should be able to do it without too much hassle, just need some instruction. And google is failing me. Are you smarter than google?

most HDTVs today have either a vga or DVI port on them so it's just a matter of a VGA or DVI cable. If not and it has only HDMI ports then you need an adapter to go from DVI to HDMI. This is what I use. I actually have an extra one so if you need it let me know. I owe you one anyway :)

You will also need an audio cable (unless you have good PC sound) to go from the 1/8" jack to stereo

Edited by Preacher

So I will be getting a new hdtv pretty soon. Is it possible to hook my TV into my computer and watch movies that I have on my computer without having to switch out cables or whatnot?

This seems like I should be able to do it without too much hassle, just need some instruction. And google is failing me. Are you smarter than google?

Use your PS3 or Xbox as a media server and then use TVersity to stream them to your TV...Works like a champ for me HD and all.