Farcry 2

Preacher

Got this today and am so disappointed. I am a huge Farcry fan and loved Crysis. I got to playing this and honestly I'm not too far into it but my impressions are that it looks like older tech than the first farcry. The physics aren't nearly as high quality and the game just isn't as high quality as the first one. When I first installed the original Farcry I spent a few min just looking at the trees and grass. The only game to make me have that sort of amazement was Oblivion. FC2 just doesn't have any of that. Game feels like Delta Force 2 era game.

It does play ok, but you can get stuck on machine gun nests if you try to use them while on the beginning tasks. The game itself has a more open approach to the story. You can do side quests and go more than one linear line of gameplay. This is really the one and only plus to it.

I wish I had bought the new COD5 game instead :(

*** out of 10

I've spent about 10 hours playing FC2 and can say it rates about a 7 with me. I def. regret spending $50 on it.

Repetetive in spots, buggy at times, and if you lose your vehicle in a firefight...plan on literally walking for several minutes to find another or get to the bus.

Checkpoints respawn way too quickly, and I get some really weird, huge FPS drops (by about 80%) at strange times.

My machine ain't no slouch PC either.

Not nearly as groundbreaking or enthralling as the orig FC...although...this really is FC in name only...not legacy.

That being said, I am having mucho fun with Fallout 3.

Oblivion with guns.

oh...p.s.

is this thread in the right forum?

http://www.gamrs.co/forums/in...showtopic=37398

Edited by Tek-Almighty