Cheap WiFi adapter solution

[LaW]Maverick

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2007/10/02/how...-your-xbox-360/

I basically followed those instructions and turned an old Linksys WRTG ver 6 router into a wireless adapter with 4 ports! It's slick. You just flash the firmware with a linux-based firmware and suddenly you can do just about whatever you want with your old router.

In my case, I set it up as a bridge connection between my Wireless in the basement to my entertainment center upstairs, thus giving my DVD player internet access as well as my 360 without having to buy the $100 adapter from MS. It's pretty slick if you need something like this set up.

I did the same a while back with a WRTG v.6 and have had excellent results. Much better than the former wireless card I was using.

However, I can't connect more than 1 device at a time to it for internet. Seems to be a 1 port contraption with 4 physical ports (although I may not have it set up right).

However, I can't connect more than 1 device at a time to it for internet. Seems to be a 1 port contraption with 4 physical ports (although I may not have it set up right).

are you sure you're not plugged into the uplink? :lol2:

i'm running ddwrt v24 final and have 5 wireless clients and 2 hardwired running through it...

I did the same a while back with a WRTG v.6 and have had excellent results. Much better than the former wireless card I was using.

I have 2 devices hooked up to mine--works flawlessly