My Jazz Improv

Thief_Lord

[utube]KDaypCW9qaI[/utube]

Im in the Black Suit with the Alto Saxophone, It's certainly not my best.... but it is all that I have on tape.

In the second Solo I do squeak, but that was a very high note and I had only gotten that saxophone that week (Brand New)

We did this at a craft fair, we had played earlier with the whole jazz band and then pulled this group together with who was left.

I've been playing the Alto for going on 7 years now, but Improv is still relatively new to me.

Edited by Thief_Lord

Ah sweet, I play alto for the most part, too. Were you going for F# or G on the slip? What model sax is it?

I was just going for the High F#, I really struggle with anything above the F#.

It is a Selmer AS230, I absolutely love it since my last was only a student Alto.

I haven't had any lessons before, but I plan on that soon seeing as I want to do something with music when I get into college.

Ah sweet, I play alto for the most part, too. Were you going for F# or G on the slip? What model sax is it?

I was just going for the High F#, I really struggle with anything above the F#.

It is a Selmer AS230, I absolutely love it since my last was only a student Alto.

I haven't had any lessons before, but I plan on that soon seeing as I want to do something with music when I get into college.

Cool, my dad is a self taught musician, taught himself several instruments and he plays fairly well for his age. Keep it up, you never know when someone will need a fill in sax player for a gig....especially on the jazz scene.

Not to mention any studio work you can scrounge up. Lots of great musicians never really "get a break" but end up doing very well for themselves as studio musicians (recording musicians for solo performers' albums and such).

BTW, does the person holding the camera have Parkinson's?

Edited by dwEEziL