Ring asks obvious hardware questions episode 3

Ringadon

So hopefully this will be the last time I ask what should be an easy question about upgrading my video card for a while. I would like to thank people for their patience with me. I ask all these questions because I really do know nothing about the more minute parts of hardware.

I've attached 3 pictures.

This one is a picture of the actual part of the graphics card that I want to buy that plugs into the computer.

post-3235-1229243171.jpg

This is a picture of the same part on my current video card.

post-3235-1229243180.jpg

My question is this, will the card that I want to buy fit into and work in my motherboard even though my current card doesn't have the little thingy that I've circled in this picture.

post-3235-1229243176.jpg

I figure it probably will but I don't want to spend the cash on the part unless I'm 100% positive. ($100 is a lot in my book right now)

Thank you again for your patience with my ignorance.

Ring

Edited by Ringadon

thanks, Preach

Now I know that i said that I'd be done asking stupid questions after that but it turns out that I need to ask one more.

I need to find a good enough power supply to run it and the rest of my computer.

I've recieved one suggestion in the past but I am loath to buy this because everyone who bought it complained about it having short cables. I've got up to $100 to spend on it (though I'd like to spend less) please help. I'd be willing to spring for this one if that'd work well.

Ring

Edited by Ringadon

If you have an ATX case, it seems that everyone complains the cables are too short, so unless you have your own cables, i might not get it. That BFG Tech one is a great deal, 800W for $69.99 after rebate. I don;t really see a reason not to go with that one. Plus if you go sLi with the new card ever, you'll have plenty of power for it.

thanks, think I'ma go ahead and pull the trigger on the BFG one and new card.

I really appreciate everyone's help with this. I suffer from very bad second guessing problems.

Ring

Edited by Ringadon