looking for a cheap (os x) netbook?

stutters

ash

I want the best mac there is at the cheapest price possible :(((. that's just a macguyver mac. I've never really used a mac before and I want one.

Edited by ash

:blink: Ughh... It's a Dell... Running OS X.... Double Whammy. They just took two overpriced brands and mashed them together. What will the world come up with next?

I guess if you just couldn't break that mac addiction, this is a pretty cool deal. But from past experience with both Dells and Macs, I will take a pass.

I am typing on this on a 9-inch, 3G-equipped, almost-pocketable computer, running the best consumer OS money can currently buy. It costs around $400. Do you want one too? Here's how to get yours.

Three cheers for the best consumer OS's grammar check!

Why would you switch to a "better" OS and then use the evil/crappy competitors office programs? OpenOffice FTW no matter what OS you choose! :stretch:

On a serious note, I have quickly realized how handy having a netbook/ultra-portable would be. Toting around a 15.4" laptop that weighs 6 lbs. is not ideal, even for at home use. My wife has been using my laptop around the house while searching craigslist, checking email and such while going room to room chasing the kids. We both came to the conclusion that this thing is best on a table or desk, and maybe the occasional trip. 2-3 lbs. netbooks seem more and more appealing each time I try to carry the full size one and use it at the same time.

Edited by General J

I have a lenovo s10.. They are awesome for travel.. I thought 1.6Ghz atom would be fine for the net and stuff, but in reality it's not...

Any flash that loads absolutely pegs the processor. If I'm using skype it takes up 50%-60% cpu.. You can't really multitask on the machine. And a 1024x600 resolution is not that high.

Again, a great comp for travel and you are counting your lbs. I had a dell 700m before. Which was basically the smallest notebook you could get with a 12 in screen and a 1280x800 resolution. I'd buy dell's 12" netbook if I were doing it over again.

it was typed in microsoft word 2008.

Wow, you might as well say that Windows 7 killed JFK, you'd have the same credibility. Anyways, way to double fail.

what i meant to say is that it was typed on that ibm office suite, oh, what's its name. the one that brought down communism and killed jfk. that one.

it was typed in microsoft word 2008.

Wow, you might as well say that Windows 7 killed JFK, you'd have the same credibility. Anyways, way to double fail.

what i meant to say is that it was typed on that ibm office suite, oh, what's its name. the one that brought down communism and killed jfk. that one.

All the exhaust fumes are getting to you :hug: