UT3 Titan Pack is here...

Ruff_Ryder

So did it fix the weapons and vehicles so they play more like ut2k4 or all the weapons still slugish. I wasn't impressed with the guns, the shots were off with the flakcannon and you just couldn't line up the shock balls like you could in 2k4. I most definatley did not like what they did with the hellbender but thats just me. I don't know, is the patch and the pack worth another try with it?

Yeah, I dl'd both the patch (install that first) and the titan pack this morning.

Then I remembered that I'm not quite sure where the game actually is in this hovel right now.

-Fk

LOL, you will have to enter your DVD key again.

LO and behold, I got to play for 1/2 hour just now. Better experience than before. The game feels sharper. I had everything at max on my SLI system and was running in the 90s. That was only on "instant action." I tried to get on servers and found only one in my ping range (sub 100) that wasn't password protected or unoccupied. That sucks.

The true test for me will be if it feels blurry and sluggish on populated servers like it used to. I had those crazy, inexplicable FPS losses (like 90%) on heavily pop servers for certain maps.

It does feel more crisp, but there are still times when you go "w-t-f just killed me?"

(edited)
Ruff, you've been playing this pretty steady. Any server suggestions?

I hang out at the MOB, T5K, and UMG servers for stiffer competition but there is a little server called EpicServer2 that is a lot of fun.

You will find a lot of noobs in UT3.

Edited by Ruff_Ryder

Ruff, you've been playing this pretty steady. Any server suggestions?

I hang out at the MOB, T5K, and UMG servers for stiffer competition but there is a little server called EpicServer2 that is a lot of fun.

You will find a lot of noobs in UT3.

Moar than in 2k4 now?

Moar than in 2k4 now?

Well with the new pack/patch and Epic throwing out the freebies it has a lot of noobs, a few of the noob do have good DM skills, they just need to learn the basics of Warfare.

I still have a lot of fun with UT3, I have liked the game since day one.

So did it fix the weapons and vehicles so they play more like ut2k4 or all the weapons still slugish. I wasn't impressed with the guns, the shots were off with the flakcannon and you just couldn't line up the shock balls like you could in 2k4. I most definatley did not like what they did with the hellbender but thats just me. I don't know, is the patch and the pack worth another try with it?

I never had a problem with the weapons but your opponents are using the same ones so that kinda evens out.

There is a large influx of new players out there.