media center

Sedah

(edited)

okay, for those of you who uses their computer for movies/music/entertainment and as well as gaming:

right now im currently using the onboard sound and just headphones, so the question is, is it worth it buyin a soundcard and speakers? if so whats the best to purchase?

I already have a ps3 connected to my computer for blu-ray usage. and I listen to alot of music, via headphones

also: i was lookin at this Logitech Z Cinema which is goin for $79.99 now

if not, what would you recommend?

thanks in advance

Edited by Sedah

END THREAD, ended up buyin the z cinema, but gotta admit I was expecting alot more with them but they will do.

and; I dont think these speaker is really worth $299, Id say about $75-150 range is more like it.

other than that these speakers are pretty good for how much i got em for. $80, and im sure their gonna be stayin at that price for awhile.

I have the Logitech z640 (I think). They are around 6 or 7 years old. They rock out almost anything on the market today and they aren't even the THX rated ones lol. I originally paid $35 for the set of refurbs when the new set was going for around $199. I got them from a now deceased company that attempted to opt out of compettive sales and go ebay only. Regardless logitech is the PC speaker brand IMO. They make very high quality stuff so I'm sure you will be pleased with them for a bit.

you paid 80 so why would you say they're worth 75-150? sounds like you paid the right price.

i paid about 100 bucks for my z-cinema and they're worth EVERY penny. amazing sound for the price. that said, i don't think i'd pay 300 bucks for them.

what don't you like about them? i've not heard a better sound speaker in that price range EVER. imo, they sound better than the z5500s. don't get as loud but they definitely sound fuller.

you paid 80 so why would you say they're worth 75-150? sounds like you paid the right price.

i paid about 100 bucks for my z-cinema and they're worth EVERY penny. amazing sound for the price. that said, i don't think i'd pay 300 bucks for them.

what don't you like about them? i've not heard a better sound speaker in that price range EVER. imo, they sound better than the z5500s. don't get as loud but they definitely sound fuller.

yea I paid 80, im jus stayin that they def. arent worth $300 on what it originally was, for how much their goin now, then their def. worth it. got mine $84 at compusa, didnt wanna pay the extra $40 for jus shipping.

and what I dont really like about them is that they are....

-3/4 the size of my monitor, its huge! same w/ the sub, thing scared me lol, specially with the heatsink lol

-they dont have a mic input,

-you cant use the soundcard you have since its a usb, it uses the onboard soundcard,

-also your def right about the volume; they arent loud at all, at low volume, you cant really hear anything, you have to put it up halfway to start hearing the sound clearly

-there isnt really any bass, jus expected alot more outta them

-the most I dont like about them is the 'cracking sound' I get cracking sounds. I may have to break them in a week or two but if they dont go away Imma jus return them back.

return them. there is something wrong. mine are very clear even at low volume and the bass is very good even in my basement.

btw, i just disable them when i play with headphones. in windows 7 it's easy to enable and disable audio devices.

return them. there is something wrong. mine are very clear even at low volume and the bass is very good even in my basement.

btw, i just disable them when i play with headphones. in windows 7 it's easy to enable and disable audio devices.

yea, thats another cons I found about this as well, I have to disable it everytime I use my headsets

yea, thats another cons I found about this as well, I have to disable it everytime I use my headsets

i dunno. for me it's worth it. skype automatically still uses my headset even with them plugged in so really the only time i need to disable them is when i play css.

i just love them compared to anything else i've ever used for computer speakers.