Battlefield Heroes

anonymo

Just an FYI for anyone who enjoys some quick BF action, the free to play FPS Battlefield Heroes went from closed to open beta last week. The game is very light on the resources and should run on pretty much any machine that can run a game like CS:S (heck BFH runs much better than CS:S does on my old desktop).

You can check community players in this thread http://www.gamrs.co/forums/in...showtopic=38534

and if you want to sign up check out http://www.battlefield-heroes.com/

If enough people start playing we might talk about a GC server...but for now lets go out and have fun! (it's full of noobs atm, good fun!)

Other details, some people seem to think you have to pay for upgrades, you don't. All paid items are cosmetic and have zero effect on gameplay. You earn certain points by playing and those unlock weapons, health "widgets" (potions for all you WoWers) and certain clothing items (yes you can actually get by with spending ZERO monies).

I just bought my first points over the weekend, spent $20 so I could completely customize my "hero" which isn't too bad considering I've put nearly 100 hours in over the past two months.

profile: brewmeistersmith

game name: omelianchuk

Oh that was you! Dude...I was like "breew? is dat u?" and you kept asking me for a medic, YOU ARE A MEDIC! I was hoping you would heal me!

I have you on my list lev so that's correct.

i still get "error friend not found message" when i try to join a server with a buddy on there... feelin noobish

Basically means either the server is full, full of your class or its the end of a round/map

Didn't know there was a group feature...I'll have to find it...me and brew are nationals though :D

k found it...not sure how I missed that

here's a link to the group, I will make a logo today for eet.

BFH GC Group

edit2: rofl @ description..."None of us are saints by any stretch" and "when you kick out the idiots and profanity" it's good my main's name is ZeBrofanity

Let me know what you think

gclogobfh.gif

I joined, but I really can't play the game atm. Getting kicked by Punkbuster, but what I've played so far I've enjoyed, and I can't wait to play a whole map someday! :D

Punkbuster 22? Try manually updating PB, also PB kicks for high ping but it just says punkbuster(22) so its probably just a EU server you connected to

Does it let you assign admins to the group?

(edited)
I joined, but I really can't play the game atm. Getting kicked by Punkbuster, but what I've played so far I've enjoyed, and I can't wait to play a whole map someday! :D

Punkbuster 22? Try manually updating PB, also PB kicks for high ping but it just says punkbuster(22) so its probably just a EU server you connected to

It's probably EU servers I'm connecting to then, because I've tried manually updating PB, I've reinstalled everything once, and I've tried a few other little things. What do you mean by "assign admins to the group"?

Edited by DragonFire

I hope you're signed up as DragonFire

It's probably EU servers I'm connecting to then, because I've tried manually updating PB, I've reinstalled everything once, and I've tried a few other little things. What do you mean by "assign admins to the group?"

Ok have you forwarded the required ports? I know lots of people are having issues with PB (myself included). Have a quick search on the Heroes forums for possible solutions.

And I was talking to tomatoes, who needs to ad me as an admin to the GC group :D sorry for the confusion

It's probably EU servers I'm connecting to then, because I've tried manually updating PB, I've reinstalled everything once, and I've tried a few other little things. What do you mean by "assign admins to the group?"

Ok have you forwarded the required ports? I know lots of people are having issues with PB (myself included). Have a quick search on the Heroes forums for possible solutions.

And I was talking to tomatoes, who needs to ad me as an admin to the GC group :D sorry for the confusion

Yeah I've tried quite a few things from the forums. I'll keep trying though. Something has to work eventually...

I hope you're signed up as DragonFire

Dragonfire was taken.

DragonFire1985 is who I'm signed up as.

Who wrote in on the homepage here? lol. Tell me what you want it to say and I will make it say that.

Also, this page is kind of shady still. I can't find an easy way to get back to my group without searching for it again. No way to friend the members of the group that I can find, and no way to add admins :(

Who wrote in on the homepage here? lol. Tell me what you want it to say and I will make it say that.

Also, this page is kind of shady still. I can't find an easy way to get back to my group without searching for it again. No way to friend the members of the group that I can find, and no way to add admins :(

As far as I can tell, for now you have to use this link http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/groups/4436

Sucks that you can't add admins...I'm sure they'll add that function later, or at least show you/us where it is. If you want, throw this gif up as our group's pic so it's not blank.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9234/gclogobfh.gif

I was just bugging you about the description, it's fine.