Help with this trip like I do?

ZeroDamage

I am making a long trip tomorrow morning from VA to Maine. I want to make the drive interesting and stop at some interesting places on the way. The drive goes from I-81 in Blacksburg all the way to I-84 in PA and then east all the way until I hit I-90 in Massachusetts. We will of course make a stop in Connecictut on the way at about the 10-12 hour mark.

Does anyone know of a good website that maybe uses Google maps to show us good places to stop or just have any ideas in general? Something to make the drive less stressful and dull.

(edited)

Oh yeah, here is a public link to the Google maps trip. Feel free to add interesting stops on the way if you know of any. Do not route me to California though please or anything too far out of the way. Thanks.

map link

Edited by ZeroDamage

Love to help, but it's been a couple decades since I've been to Mass, and I was coming from the Cleveland, OH area. :( Only areas on your trip that are remotely familiar are the Shenandoah valley area, but you would already know the good places in that area. :( Hope you have a great and safe trip though. :)

I personally would like to see country rather than interstates and city. If it was my first trip going up that way and wasn't in a real big hurry, I'd kick it north at scranton, take 88 out of binghamton. Then North on 87 from Albany and check out parts of the largest national park in the US. I'd probably take the roads less traveled east over to maine. My buddy who lives in Richmond is about to take his motorcycle up to Nova Scotia, stopping at national parks and staying away from interstates.

Well, it cannot take a week to get there. I only have 9 days or so for this trip. Looks like someone's jacked up my map pretty bad. The trip line is gone and there are some other lines thrown in there and I have no idea how to remove them. Oh well.

I suggest continuing on thru Harrisonburg; there is nothing here - seriously.

Possibly swing up 33 north thru the GW National Forest/ Spruce Knob Rec Area for some nice tight curvy roads and good views. Would eat up some time no doubt.

-Fk

veer off 81 around Harrisburg (20 minutes to lancaster) tonight.. You're timing is about right.. and catch my soccer team playing Crystal Palace (yes, EPL fans.. that Crystal Palace)

Also - Pottsville is right off your path.. take a tour of the Yuengling brewery.. good time.