My Stang

monthos

(edited)

I never did post this when I purchased it, due to buying it right before I made the move to Virginia last October. Its a 2002 Mustang GT, 5 speed, leather seats, Mach 460 sound system, totally stock aside from the air filter. Had ~48,000 miles when I got it, now has ~56,000.

Its my daily driver for the most part, during the summer I am always torn do I drive this or my dual sport motorcycle to work. During the winter however I wish I had something a little more plain, but I manage ;)

When I bought it I had been looking for awhile for a deal in the area, my criteria was I wanted a mustang GT, had to be a stick and had to have less than 50k miles. I got just that and have not regretted it one bit.

In the next year or so I plan on getting a house with a garage, as well as a cheap/reliable car for daily use. At which point I will be looking for suggestions on how to mod this out. Any other mustang lovers out there?

mustang.jpg

Edited by monthos

• 3 weeks later...

Nice car, but I'm more of a modded out mustang lover. I like the Shelbys, Cobras, Boss, Saleen, etc. mustangs, the really expensive ones lol. I would like to own one, but I've kinda decided as long as i live here, I'll never own a rear wheel drive car for winter snowy reasons. And with my job i can't exactly say I can't make it in to work just because my car wont go anywhere, its a hospital and people rely on you to be there lol.

True that, If I still lived in Cleveland I would have went with something else, at the end of winter I drove back up to visit my folks and got caught in freezing rain, the engine brake from letting off the gas was enough for the tires to break loose..

I couldn't afford any of the expensive pre modded ones :P . I figure enjoy it for what it is now, then later in a few years when the miles are racking up I will get another daily driver, and then I will start modding this one out.

• 3 months later...

i used to own the v6 3.8 '99 anniversary edition. Was fantastic car, i put 52k+ on it before it finally crapped out from all the salt rust. The only downside to it was winter, for the first snowflake meant unwanted donuts at any time.

It lasted me 7+ years, but alas i just got a new car 4 mo. ago.