Flu shots & H1N1

MrDuke

This is for informational purposes only, not a debate on whether you should shouldn't get it. Also, do NOT post links to information, even though you're trying to be helpful. You don't need someone coming after you because the links you provided caused a debilitating side effect or the development of autism in their child, etc.

I was informed today that after Oct 21st all flu clinics from our contracted company are canceled due to a vaccine shortage. It may be available later...it may not. This applies to NE Ohio but it stands to reason this would apply to most areas. Food for thought if you are interested in a flu shot.

Also, The H1N1 vac is rolling out soon with a protocol in place that puts the general public in line shortly after healthcare workers, pregnant women, high risk patients, etc. However, there is talk about a higher than usual risk of side effects due to the manufacturing method and use of kick-starting agents. If you plan on getting the vaccine, do your homework first.

I don't like 'running with the crowd' but this is serious stuff to consider, especially if you have children.

My wife and I have been struggling with this as well. Its a tough decision to make for the kids. One is a 10 year old female, the other a 9 month old boy. The wrong decision has the potential to be very disastrous later, either way, and it is so hard to know.

Thanks for the heads up Dukers.

We decided to build a vented bomb shelter and live there instead until the zombies take over.

I've only gotten two flu shots and both times got the flu from it. I have heard others, like my mom, who swears by the flu vaccines. It's just a mixed bag, with mixed results, that is hard to really know how to proceed. I think that if you are a medical worker or someone working with the elderly or children, it may be something to consider, but for a healthy person that is not in a "high risk" life situation, it's just more risk than value in my opinion.