U-Verse

[LaW]Maverick

i've only had in store experience with it. being able to dvr 4 shows at the same time, or pause in one room and resume in another room seems like pure win to me. my only concern would be bandwidth as more people in the neighborhood come online.

if it were available here, i'd definitely be rocking it, but it's not....yet.

We've had it for over a year, with only one outage (last weekend actually) which was just that the box had gone bad. Connection died around 9pm (this put us without internet and TV), they had a tech out the next morning, switched it out straight away and we were back up and running.

Having had all different types of internet and cable TV (Dishnetwork, TWC (cable and internet), Cincinnati Bell internet etc.) over the last 4 years, this is hands down the best we've had (we also got a great introductory deal when they came door to door after we went live with it in our subdivision and that deal is still the best bells and whistles package at the same price point that I've seen).

You can only have a maximum of 2 HD channels in operation at the same time whether you're watching them or DVRing(?), the 4 channel piece, is up to 2 HD and 2 regular. Most of our neighborhood are on it now, and I've seen no noticeable drop in bandwidth.

Edited by Leveller

will someone please explain how texas is always the first to market with infrastructure like this (and fios, etc)? i thought that state was nothing but 10 gallon hats and tumbleweed.

Not entirely sure, but it's very different to what I expected when I moved here with work.

I've been considering switching to U-verse my self. I'm getting tired of comcast's BS and high pricing. My biggest concern is how noticeable a difference there would be in internet speed.

Any comments on TV/internet combo service?

I've had U-Verse for a few months. I don't watch TV really, so I can't speak for that. But I like the internet. We have the 18mb/s, which downloads at around 2 megabytes a second.

Near Detroit we only have two options for high speed internet. Bright House or AT&T U-Verse. There's DSL, but well, DSL is kinda slow...

It's like $65 a month for just internet and it's faster than Bright House and the same price. On the Bright House and U-Verse websites it looks like you only have to buy combos and when we first ordered U-Verse the lady told us we had to buy a combo. We were going to cancel yesterday but they said we can get the internet alone. So now we just have the internet.

I like it. I don't think we've ever had a time where the service has gone out and there's no problems with TV taking the bandwidth from the internet or vice versa. There's never any speed problems with it either.

If you don't buy a combo there's like a $150 installation fee.

If FIOS was here... I'd totally get that though since I don't watch much TV.

Edited by VooDooPC