New Cell Phone Plan

ATT or Verizon?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just did the update manually, worked flawlessly, now running 2.2 on my Incredible. So far it seems to have no issues *crosses fingers*. Quick list of things i noticed.

I made sure i could make calls and receive them as some people complained they couldn't, works fine.

Others complained of the internet browser closing before a page would load fully, no issue for me, seems to work great.

Didn't lose any apps or files.

ATK doesnt really work anymore, it constantly loads apps and programs into the memory even after ending them, not sure how it will affect battery life.

Youtube videos are much sharper now then before. New Flash update did this I believe.

I can now change video preferences to 720P HD which is freaking awesome!!! Taking HD video is great.

3G Mobile Hot spot is now supported, heck yes!!! However is this a free service or will they charge to use it? There isnt anything stopping me from using it because I activated it, all i get is a mesage that pops up before starting it that says "You need the 3G mobile Hotspot feature from Verizon Wireless in order to use this service. While the 3G mobile hotspot is active, on-device applications will continue to work and use the 3G mobile hotspot data feature allowance." But then i can go ahead and activate it, will they charge me extra for using it? Here's the thing though, when i try to use something like VZNavigator, it says right there it will be $9.99 with like an Accept button. When i go to activate the 3G hotspot, it never gives a price or an accept or anything, it just says like OK or Cancel. Right now it looks free to me, but I can hardly believe that coming from VZW.

The text message screen to compose messages is different looking, I like it.

LED Flashlight is built in, nice.

So far, its pretty nice :) I'll add more things as i notice them.

Edited by samurai nightling

• 1 month later...

I've had both ATT and Verizon. I've used both in rural areas and in the city. I've probably had ATT for 3+ years and verizon for about 2 years. Now I'm on Tmobile and since they use the same towers as ATT, my service is just as crappy. The only reason I switched to Tmobile is that I wanted to test out android and no other provider offered an android phone at the time. ATT's service is much crappier outside of the city. You have service along interstates and a great distance outside of the city. If you are venturing out away from the populations, I'd go with verizon any day.