Looking for the best LCD tv/monitor for xbox360

ephemeral

I play alot of MW2 in my down time on-base, and i currently play on the 15" Zenith (with built in VCR) that the Army was kind enough to provide for me in my barracks. However, I feel an upgrade is needed, and have spent many hours looking for a good replacement. Plasma is out of the question, due to burn in, and LED-LCD's are pushing my budget.

Basically, i'm looking for a 32" or smaller TV/monitor that would be optimal for gaming on. I'm impressed by a few models already, but would like your opinions on certain features.

120hz: i read that this is a pretty important feature for gaming, as it reduces motion blur quite a bit.

contrast ratio: what is a good number, because i see numbers from 10k to 4M, and i really can't tell that much of a difference...

720p vs 1080p: really that big of a deal? i've heard that xbox just upscales 1080p from 720p anyways

Tv vs monitor: what are the pros and cons, performance wise? i'm not really worried about size, but if i got a monitor, it would have to be 24" or larger, so for this reason i'm leaning towards tv's

i don't really care about all the little frillies that tv's are coming out with these days, so netflix, youtube, skype, ...one button pizza ordering...i just want the raw product. a Tv with little to no motion lag and accurate colors.

I'm impressed by this particular model, but i'd really rather not spend that much if its not necessary.

http://www.amazon.com/LG-32LD520-32-Inch-1080p-120Hz/dp/B0039RV0JQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1276822832&sr=1-1

I game on a Dynex 32" from Best Buy, it's their generic I think (not sure who makes it) but it's great, no issues with blur or pixelation.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dynex%26%23153%3B+-+32%22+Class+/+720p+/+60Hz+/+LCD+HDTV/9558089.p?id=1218124207679&skuId=9558089

No frills TV with HDMI ports or a VGA if you must. Very nice bright picture. Not sure what else to say other than I've been really happy with it playing high end games for the last 2 years.

I've noticed with non-HD signals during dark scenes there is some ghosting...however, when I plug my computer into it, I'm consistently impressed with the clarity of picture.

I haven't done much gaming on it though, and I don't know if the ghosting issue is present when playing a game with a dark setting--I will plug it in tonight and find out for you before you buy, however. :smillie_smilling:

I game on a Dynex 32" from Best Buy, it's their generic I think (not sure who makes it) but it's great, no issues with blur or pixelation.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dynex%26%23153%3B+-+32%22+Class+/+720p+/+60Hz+/+LCD+HDTV/9558089.p?id=1218124207679&skuId=9558089

No frills TV with HDMI ports or a VGA if you must. Very nice bright picture. Not sure what else to say other than I've been really happy with it playing high end games for the last 2 years.

We have the same TV in our bedroom, one HDMI port's gone bad, but I think we've had it for nearly 3 years now and apart from the one port failing to work, we've been really happy with it. Have only done limited gaming on it, but it has a great picture (when it's not sat alongside a very high end TV and you're doing a 1:1 comparison) and is great value, would definitely get another one for the performance we've received for the price.