World's First Ban on Bottled Water

Fairweather

first ban on bottled water

SYDNEY (AFP) – An Australian town pulled all bottled water from its shelves Saturday and replaced it with refillable bottles in what is believed to be a world-first ban.

Hundreds of people marched through the picturesque rural town of Bundanoon to mark the first day of its bottled water ban by unveiling a series of new public drinking fountains, said campaign spokesman John Dee.

Shopkeepers ceremoniously removed the last bottles of water from their shelves and replaced them with reusable bottles that can be filled from fountains inside the town's shops or at water stations in the street.

this is pretty interesting, i'm not sure what to think about it. I applaud the idea and motivation to make change but i wonder how well it will catch on

I quit buying water, soda or anything in a plastic bottle for a few years now. I make coffee, tea or lemonade and take it with me in a thermos type container. I also use a Pur filter. Don't think I did it so save the planet or anything, maybe it's just cause I'm cheap. :D

It is amazing how I used to hear "oil" and I just thought Gasoline.. Until I was buying 6000 lbs of Zytel a week for injection molding small plastic parts for the auto industry, for just one product line.

Yeah petroleum products are in everything... It amazes me.. Rubbers, Plastics, Carpets, The syntetic fibers in your linens and clothes.. It's everywhere..

Naturally renewable substitute - Hemp Seed Oil..

Pestiticide free and stronger substitue for Cotton - Hemp Fibers

The list goes on, and we are the only industrialized nation to not grow it.. tinklees me off every day..

If you have Netflix I'd recommend watching Hemp Revolution.. Yes there is the political BS but odds are after you watch it you'll also be an advocate for hemp production (Yes I'm pro pot too but they are for two entirely different reasons)

Yeah petroleum products are in everything... It amazes me.. Rubbers, Plastics, Carpets, The syntetic fibers in your linens and clothes.. It's everywhere..

Naturally renewable substitute - Hemp Seed Oil..

Pestiticide free and stronger substitue for Cotton - Hemp Fibers

The list goes on, and we are the only industrialized nation to not grow it.. tinklees me off every day..

If you have Netflix I'd recommend watching Hemp Revolution.. Yes there is the political BS but odds are after you watch it you'll also be an advocate for hemp production (Yes I'm pro pot too but they are for two entirely different reasons)

nice i always like watching documentaries, i'll check that one out!

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

These use to pop up a lot more. I wonder where they have been.

Edit: Crap, now I have to make my post related to bottled water or people will think I am crazy.

I don't think I've ever drank bottled water in my life.

There!

Edited by VooDooPC