New Points System

Derray

(edited)

Brannigan's Law here, all I can say about the new points system is it makes the server a little bit to easy to make sure the whole team gets the safe room. especially with the revived when dead thing, I tried it out and I let a jockey kill me and I revived myself from death 3 times and just strolled into the safe room. Just bleh with the old points system people actually had to work as a team. Also If I have enough points to spawn 3 tanks I should be able to not limit to only 2

Also can I get a guide so I know what the tiers of infected does?

Edited by Derray

Well since its new, I'm sure JackieChan can try and balance it a little more to make tings more even as we see more how it works out and what people think, he's pretty good at that. Thanks for the comments though! Without people like you then we would never know how to change things for the better.

lol i used "more" three times in that sentence

GC Alumni
(edited)

I kept it at the default settings to see what it's like. The plugin is scheduled to deactivate at the end of the month anyway so after that it'll be reverted back to the old one until I hear from Sky again.

Also, there's no real way to deactivate something in the plugin.

I'll see if I can't tweak it enough to my, and everyone else's liking.

Edited by JackieChan

(edited)

So Jackie came in this morning and changed a few things that made it feel like the old system. Making it where you can only revive once and such.Also a guide to what the tier infected can do when they are upgraded

-------

Tier Infected (When it was available)

Tier Weapons

Dislike

------

Points earned easily

Reviving self when dead

Edited by Derray

So Jackie came in this morning and changed a few things that made it feel like the old system. Making it where you can only revive once and such.Also a guide to what the tier infected can do when they are upgraded

-------

Tier Infected (When it was available)

Tier Weapons

Dislike

------

Points earned easily

Reviving self when dead

Thanks for your input. I let Sky know about it. I wanted to make those things more expensive. I made any Survivor ability 60 points so you have to save people, kill stuff and whatnot to get close to respawning yourself. I might even make it worth 75 points since respawning is like giving the infected the because it's completely negating the infected's work.

I'm going to fiddle around with the point amounts and whatnot some more. I might even make buying things survivor-side more expensive in general (apart from the ability/item categories), but not by a whole lot.

• 7 months later...
(edited)

We might have to put a limit for buying 'Full Heal" for the 10 points to maybe 3 max buys per round. Everyone is settling into the use of points so everyone has that heal ready for a simple 10 points. Maybe just raise the points for it, if not possible to put a limit on buying heals.

Also, if you do put a limit of 3 per round, do the same for infected heals and lower the price to 25 points for tank heal.just couple of our ideas.

Edited by IRPwnage

• 3 months later...
Sky
(edited)

If you really want something 100% custom and exclusive, just let me know. I don't mind writing something for someone and then giving them the source to it. The only reason I keep the source to my current plugin private is I like people coming to my place and saying "I cant find this anywhere else."

Though, at the moment I am setting it up where you can enable, disable what items show up for purchase, as well as what items show up in what order. pretty awesome :P)

Though, the new usepoints (4.6) runs around 280 different changeable variables.

Edited by Sky