Cellphone Recycling Companies

Unclean

Have any of you used a cellphone recycling company to get money for your old cellphones? I found a few, like Gazelle, YouRenew, etc. Seems like a good deal, and not as much of a hassle as places like Craigslist, ebay, etc. You answer a few questions, get a price quote, and send in the phone. Or have them send a prepaid box so you can send it in.

I'm trying it now, since I have a Blackberry Tour that's checking in at $86 (+ 6% coupon code 6onus) = $91.16. I'll let you know how it works out.

Just wondering if any of you have tried it, or could maybe use it for something. Some phones might only be worth $20, but hey, that's still $20 you didn't have before.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I was notified via email when they received the phone, again when they evaluated it, and a third time when they sent the money to my paypal account. Total turnaround time between shipping and getting the money = 8 days. Cost for shipping = $0.

Ebil - I reset the BB that way (twice, actually) and removed the SIM/memory cards. I didn't have any financial data on the phone anyway, just some contacts and pictures I'm sure they wouldn't want to see. Horrible, unspeakable things. So it's their fault for snooping if they find a way to retrieve those twice-deleted pictures.