got banned

BBQsauce

I used the points for a special drop and someone started crying about using them. I told them to deal with it cause it was in the game and I had the points.. someone initiated a vote kick , i called them an idiot for kicking me for using the points..

I then got banned.

WTH is up with this server? is this standard? You can ask astar.. I have been an active player and have had zero problems.. I was going to donate then this crap.. If this is the standard let me know so I can look for another server to spend my time on.

BBQsauce out.

Didn't think to add.. this was left for dead 2, steam server group server.

and I don't believe it was a true *vote* kick, because there were only 2 checks.. and one dude was like.. "oh really.. you calling me an idiot..? you calling me a trucking (the F word) idiot!? " then poop.. out of server and banned for a while.

BBQsauce is game name.. not sure on steam ID.. all ya gotta do is check logs prob :D happened right before I posted the above post ^^^^^^^^

and the quote is about exactly how it was said.. wouldn't post cept for I thought it sounded like someone with admin rights getting a little over zealous with their rights.

edit xxsomenumberherexx

I believe I saw someone hacking last night. I have the name (well.. reall close to it haha).. just message me and I"ll send it to you and give you the details of such.

Edited by BBQsauce

BBQ I know u have been a pretty good regular on the server, sorry this happened to you. I've never seen any problems with your gameplay and looks like this all got sorted out as to what happened which is good. Please know that any admin on one of our servers should never be using the F bomb which was the first clue it wasn't one of us, and if they are then we have a serious problem. And as for the hacker, we're always happy to take down names and investigate and then issue the appropriate ban :) Hope to see you again in game soon!

Edited by samurai nightling

Nice to see a mature response to this LOL have gone on so many other sites when you run into trouble admins and they all sound like 12 year old R-tards.

This is why I am allowing my son to play on your server and your server ONLY--I like your mature response to a mature rated game!

I only got the "it's an admin" vibe after he was swearing at me.. said good bye and I poof a second later haha but if it was based on votes, then you cant hide that--just clowns voting for stupid stuff if that is the case :)

Kill with you (and some of you) later!

BBQsauce

Votekicks auto-ban for 5 minutes to prevent a potential griefer (not saying you were, lol) from coming back. It's the way the game was programmed.

I think anyone can do this, but try typing "sm_who" in console and see who is an admin or not. Right now, the main admins for the server are Nightling, Aster, and myself, so if anyone is causing trouble, try to get a hold of any one of us and we can sort it out.

Edited by JackieChan

• 2 weeks later...