Salvation?

Guest Agnt.Smith
Guest Agnt.Smith
Guest Agnt.Smith
Guests

doesnt it say somewhere that everyone will be presented with the choice befor they die?

(edited)

God "rested" not because He was tired or anything but because HE was finished with the work of creation.

The Bible doesn't say that everyone will be presented with the choice before they die. It says something similar but what it really says it that all people (the original word is ethnos, meaning people groups) will have heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ before the Second Coming of Christ in which He will call His people to Him, often referred to as the "Rapture".

Edited by dwEEziL

Guest Agnt.Smith
Guest Agnt.Smith
Guest Agnt.Smith
Guests

whats the referance for that verse dweez?

Dweez, have you read about the harrowing of hell? That was what I was referring to in my above post. I believe it is a catholic belief, and it involves christ descending into hell to save the souls of people that had been held captive prior to his coming. I will try to read more, in order to have an intelligent conversation about it, but Calculus and the rest of my finals is consuming most of my time right now :(

I have read some about it (primarily just the scripture references) but my understanding of it, since other scripture says that those who die in their unbelief are lost, is that His preaching to those in hell was more of a "See, what has been said all along is true (kind of a "Told you so" thing but done out of a heart of compassion breaking because of the choice they made).

I will do some more research on it as well as I am never satisfied unless I "figure it out" (so to speak) on my own.