Salvation?

I believe that to "get to heaven", one has to be in a right relationship with God. I believe that because of Adam's original sin there is a monumental rift between God and me and it is impossible for me in and of myself to bridge that rift. I believe that Jesus (The Word Incarnate and one third of the Triune Godhead) came to earth as wholly God and wholly man, gave up the use of His Godly powers, and lived the life of a normal man as an example of successful Spirit-filled living. I believe He willfully chose to die on the Cross so that his unblemished blood could pay the price of atonement for all sin (past, present, and future). I believe He was dead and buried in the tomb for 3 days, then arose again, and is now seated at the right hand of God where He is in constant intercessory prayer for us.

I also believe that all this is not enough to save my soul. I believe that, while there is nothing I can do to save myself or bridge the gap, I do believe that I have to, through the Holy Spirit's prompting, accept this free gift of life.

roger roger.

Christ rising from the dead defeated sin and death, through him, we can share that power that defeated sin and death and gain entrance into eternal life in heaven, as opposed to eternal death in hell. There's nothing we can do to gain it, and none of us deserve it, yet God created us and bestowed so much love on us, that he wants all his creation to live with him forever. Not all of us will respond to that call. God didn't create robots, we have some element of free will, and can reject God and try in vain to make our own way. In this world, it may bring fun, however an excrusiating eternity is the reward.

ROosTEr,Apr 16 2003, 11:39 AM] I thought I smelled sarcasm.

We have a winner. And here's the truth behind it, although I never read anything out of the bible since I was 8: didn't he say that the person who didn't sin cast the first stone? Well, we don't want any stone chucking. And in movies, "Zombies" are known as little 'children' of a devil, and they eat people.

Oh, I don't have a problem with it. But when Playaa expressed his feeling about it, Cowboy just disregarded it. I was just trying to play peacemaker. Guess I will go back to instigator...it is tons more fun. ;)

Would jesus ban me?

oh you bet he would!

ppl always talk about Jesus being so loving and how he wouldn't do anything to hurt anyone......remember when he kicked the moneychangers out of the temple?...I'm positive he banned 1 or 2 of em to set an example

:D

^

|

|

|

light enough for ya?

• 2 weeks later...

acutally, he picked up a bull whip and as he went through swinging the whip and overturning tables shouting at them to get out, they obeyed, as fast as their legs would carry them.

being good won't get you into heaven. God is 100% good. The Bible says he can't even look at sin (anything not good). If God can't even look at something slightly impure, how do we expect to get into heaven by "doing our best." We're not going to meet Peter at the front desk and negotiate with him. "eh, so I screwed up a couple times, but on the whole I was a decent guy, right, right!" Not gonna cut it. The ONLY way to an eternal life not consisting of the most horrible aloneness and pain and sorrow you can imagine (x 258000) is to accept that Christ's sacrifice on the cross payed your insurmountable debt, that his conquering death is the key to your eternal salvation, and then live in that reality.

I think that being good gets lots of people into heaven. Too many people lived before your gospel and even now that word is not universally available to all. I do not believe that God turns his back on peasants in the African bush who know nothing of the word of God as delivered and preserved in the Bible. I think that he can still see the good in those people. Purity of heart is something that transends religious doctrine IMO and only IMO. Good is good. And it always will be. And wasn't it before Christ purchased human salvation in his blood?

I am no theologian, but I think there are provisions in the Bible that provide for those who are ignorant of the gospel. I.E. I know certain sects believe in the harrowing of hell, when Jesus went into hell to save the souls of the "ignorant". PLEASE correct me if I am wrong. Also, if you know more, enlighten us.

My belief is that God has provided one way to heaven only and that is through His son, Jesus Christ. Prior to Jesus' sacrifice, there were the sacrifices that were in actuality a symbolic act, more of obediance rather than any real function. The sacrifices were a "substitute" where the blood of the animal "covered" the sin of the people (covered, did not do wash away like the blood of Christ) and made it possible for God to commune with them until such time as an appropriate sacrifice could be provided (in Jesus).

As for those who have never heard, Romans says that no man is without excuse because the evidence of God is clearly shown through out the creation of earth (now-a-days science has done it's best to try and counter this argument). For those who die and have not yet heard the Gospel, that is where we, as his chosen ministers to the world, have failed. It is a harsh pill to swallow but that is what I believe.