Guild Wars 2 vs. Diablo3

samurai nightling

Which new MMORPG will you be purchasing?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well I don't think Guild Wars 2 will have that high of server costs compared to most MMOs, and plus honestly I don't think that any company that has released a MMO has ever actually needed the monthly fee to stay afloat. To me it just seems like an extra money making scheme, think of how rich Blizzard has gotten from WoW subscriptions.

Haha had a feeling Nightling made this, since he doesnt stop talking about it when it gets brought up.

Never really played both series when they came out (Diablo 1, 2 and Guild Wars).

I did play D1&2 at some point, but didnt really find them too exciting. I preferred Baldur's Gate, or even from what Me and Jackie played Dungeon Siege 1. Heck even Titan Quest (Diablo clone) I find more fun. Though its been awhile since I last played either of those, but still interested in D3, just not at the top of my 'To Buy This/Next Year" list.

Guild Wars, didnt wanna play cause I thought "lol WoW clone.", 2 years ago I saw some videos and saw I missed out on a cool game, I had no idea that it was subscription free. I dont know what GW1 had it, but I LOVE Dynamic Battles, playing Vindictus got me addicted to this type of system, and Guild Wars 2 having is awesome. Now if I can have a character with a two handed sword it'll go straight to the top.

Conclusion, I will get GW2 before D3, I will probably own both at sometime, depends if D3 is released next year and if Gw2 comes out this year.

Conclusion, I will get GW2 before D3, I will probably own both at sometime, depends if D3 is released next year and if Gw2 comes out this year.

If anything from what I've read that should be reversed. Blizzard announced that they hoped to release D3 at the end of this year, and GW2, well they haven't announced anything about a release date at all. Though I would think to stay competitive for sales, they will come out around or close to each other.

Also because i kind of know your taste in games, you definitely will enjoy GW alot more then D3 i think. It was so much fun, and the things to do with guild members was what drew me to it in the first place. I had a blast. It is similar to a game like Vindictus, but 100 times better. Actually its not similar to Vindictus, its just better in most/all ways in general lol.

Diablo definitely is more of a you can play by yourself or with people game, and i think they said they reduced the number of ppl in a multiplayer game from the 8 it used to be so now its even less, 6 i think. GW is more oriented around playing with others, Diablo not as much. Especially when you got the godlike armors and skills in D2.