Our first Griefers

DragonFire

You can have a teleport thingy (command? portal?) that jumps between however many worlds you have running.

One group has an entry world, then three main worlds (main surface, nether, and one for mining - don't ask, don't know) and then a couple more. It's doable.

Again, this would mainly be nostalgia I'm betting because what's on tap for the 1.8 release in a week or two is fairly impressive and as far as terrain goes only avail in newly generated terrain (meaning un-made chunks in the current world or a brand new world)

One thing to note is the old world will be funky at best when you explore new areas as the 1.8 terrain generator is far different and where it generates new chunks from unexplored areas it'll leave large cliffs/gouges. There is an early python script to do terrain smoothing to help at least reduce it.

Also cool, a new cartograph software written in Python/OpenGL that is designed to render caves well, and looks cool in general, just unfinished.

Which is why just starting over is probably for the best. Even with a smoothing routine to transition between the old and new rendering sections, the new stuff is so much more topographically interesting that it's probably just best to start again.

FYI, still doing server stuff. Will not be announcing stop/starts because I want to get this dee ohh ennn eeee.

Also, hilariously great timing. Although MC runs fine (but hard and hot) on my laptop apparently my Intel dual core 8800gts desktop is incapable of running MC beyond .2 frames a second. Which makes working on the permissions just that much more fun.