Serious redstone issues

boiler

(edited)

I have a few (admittedly semi-complex) redstone devices that I built that have been working great for a while. Piston doors, a minecart track switcher, etc. All of the sudden today when i go to use them, the redstone torches burn out IMMEDIATELY upon receiving any signal at all. I'm wondering if something is up on the server, since redstone torches are programmed to burn out if the activity would result in overtaxing the comp/server. can we possibly get a reboot? I have had ZERO issues with these devices ever since I built them (including even earlier today) and now nothing works. I reset the torches after they burn out, and upon the first button press they burn out again.

HELP!

Thanks!

ETA: I built a simple inverter with redstone torch output, and it worked fine. Anything semi-complex though does not, which makes me think the server is overtaxed doing something? The calculation stuff for this is server-side, not client side, since anyone can push the buttons and make them work...

Edited by boiler

Done

Thanks, FK.

I got back in, and they worked fine again. About 10 minutes later, the complex track thing I have quit working again. The smaller doors still work. I don't know, it's quite frustrating. Is this a known issue with MP servers? Am I SOL in the "build cool complex stuff" department?