Plugins that we should add to our Bukkit

ZeroDamage

(edited)

I like the idea of anti-cheating stuff (particularly hiding the ores from x-ray cheaters). However, I would certainly hope that our GC folks wouldn't be among those using them.

I know we talked about this with previous maps, but are we giving any more consideration to white-listing the server? As of now, we don't have the chest locking tools and such that we had before, and since many of us have already invested a lot of time into our creations, it would suck for some unknown jerk to hop in and ruin it all.

Edited by boiler

YOU CAN CHEAT IN MINECRAFT?! Oh right java.....I guess its more like YOU WOULD CHEAT IN MINECRAFT?! I honestly cant see the reason to cheat. The onlything I would do is probably make my own brushes instead of placing blocks one by one. Isn't there a plugin to allow that?

Back when Minecraft was Creative Mode Only, I rmemeber playing on a few servers that allowed people that had titles to creat brushes, lock areas from being modified, and being able to reset the actions of others. Dont know if there is a current version of the plugin I just described. I havent looked at all what Bukkit can do though, caus ei dont run a server, so I dont see a need to read it.

One of the problems with the anti X-ray plugins(like orebfuscartor) is they're all very resource intense, even LogBlock(which logs every player action so anything can be reverted) is less resource hungry. I wouldn't mind seeing locking chests(like LWC), simple to setup, minimal resources and some basic safety.

Back when Minecraft was Creative Mode Only, I rmemeber playing on a few servers that allowed people that had titles to creat brushes, lock areas from being modified, and being able to reset the actions of others. Dont know if there is a current version of the plugin I just described. I havent looked at all what Bukkit can do though, caus ei dont run a server, so I dont see a need to read it.

Bukkit itself doesn't provide anything, but there is many plugins for doing what you just described. Just look through http://plugins.bukkit.org if you're bored well over a thousand plugins for doing what ever you could want(even a super lame Call of Duty one).