Your favorite Board Game

Biggs

There are 1000s of board games out there, and I think it's a shame that most people are only exposed to board games such as Monopoly, Parchesi, the Game of Life, etc. There are tons of games out there which I think put a game like Monopoly to shame.

I'm sure plenty of people have played Settlers of Catan. That's a pretty awesome game, it's great that it's becoming more and more popular because it's much more fun than Monopoly. Sorry if Monopoly is your favorite game... it's not my favorite game for many reasons. If you want to see why Monopoly might not be that great of a game, and some good alternatives that include some of the elements of Monopoly, watch

video.

Anyways, my favorite board game is Cosmic Encounter. It's a 3-5 player game where players command an alien race, and the objective is to establish 5 foreign colonies on other players' planets. You can do so by conquest or diplomacy. Each player gets a unique power granted by their alien race, which is drawn randomly before starting the game. There are 50 alien races, you only use 5 at most each game... this makes every game you ever play different. It makes replaying this game fun and interesting every time.

pic354780_md.jpg

Anyways, enough about Cosmic Encounter. I like it a lot, but I realize there are 1000s of games out there I have never played. So I want to hear from everyone else what is your favorite board game?

• Like 1

Yeah I have to agree here. I like any type of game, but if the learning of said game takes more than 20 min or so, I have no real interest (unless you can learn as you go).

Personal favorite is a game called Stratego.

Edited by Preacher