BANNED from L4D2

simsimi1004

I just got banned from the L4D2 server. approx 10min ago

steam id simsimi77, nickname simsimi

The only reason i suspect was maybe ping was high? i dont know what my ping was but from my pov it was fine since i didnt experience any lag or see other people lagging.

We were playing Mall level and since the team had lots of people i think about 10+people on each team it was seperated. At first i stayed behind with 5~ish people and helped fight off the hunters etc and then i see that 4 ish people are way ahead so i decide to go there, (the ones i left behind werent being grabbed by any zombies at this point). Ok so i go upstairs and help a guy being crushed by a charger. he gets up so i go through the door (the part where u cant go back due to a fallen vending machine (mind you there are still other people ahead of me). so i go more forward and some guy breaks the windows turning on the alarm. So obviously i just B line it towards the alarm thingy so i can turn it off . i did manage to run there without any zombie champs attacking me so it was relatively fast. After disabling the alarm, i go backwards and see a guy being clawed by a hunter so i shoot at it but the guy dies. and then 2 hunters and a charge are in my vincity. i kill 1 hutner and the charger and when im just about to kill the other hunter i get a "you have been banned from this server".

what happened?

Oh and i just registered and noticed that the challenge question was

"Type in the two letters in our logo, upper or lowercase"

It seems that your logo has changed becuase i typed in 2 letters from "gamerscoalition, est" ga, me, lol maybe it was because i was stupid but i had to google gamerscoalition thinking that the logo had changed and infact i saw a logo with just the letters GC. so it worked but it was kinda confusing for me at least. might want to change that?

thnx

Edited by simsimi1004

Yeah, we get a lot of people who just join the server, run ahead, and don't help anyone out. These people can ruin a teams chance of survival in seconds. It seems in your case it was all in trying to help the team overall, but someone must have thought you just abandoned your team by running that far ahead. Admins try to discern who is truly rushing and who is trying to spawnblock and help by being ahead but we don't always get it right.

At least the people who care to play on the server come here and ask questions, so I applaud you and say welcome to the forums, hope you find our server and home here friendly and fun!