The UI reminds me of Windows 95. Windows 7 has rounded corners on the windows, Windows 8 is back to the harsh corners.

Does the Windows Index rating go about 7.9 now?

Can you have 7 and the 8 Consumer preview installed at the same time without issues or is it one or the other? If you can have both, is it complicated?

I'm not thrilled with the interface. There is a learning curve with w8. It's different than windows up to this point. Feels odd, it's difficult to close programs and to navigate but once you are on your desktop it's like old times. Just the start menu which has the feel of using a web browser like Opera. The integrated programs are also hard to close (you end up needing to use task manager). I may find this to be user related here but as of right now I can't navigate the w8 GUI well enough to close a program. It seems to me that if it's this hard for me, people are going to absolutely hate it when it's released.

I'm not thrilled with the interface. There is a learning curve with w8. It's different than windows up to this point. Feels odd, it's difficult to close programs and to navigate but once you are on your desktop it's like old times. Just the start menu which has the feel of using a web browser like Opera. The integrated programs are also hard to close (you end up needing to use task manager). I may find this to be user related here but as of right now I can't navigate the w8 GUI well enough to close a program. It seems to me that if it's this hard for me, people are going to absolutely hate it when it's released.

That just sounds terrible.

Honestly the day to day usage for me wouldn't cause me much annoyance. Only exploring the new start menu stuff. It is supposed to be a no keyboard usuage deal with all mouse, but I'm probably going to stick with W7 for a while.

Honestly the day to day usage for me wouldn't cause me much annoyance. Only exploring the new start menu stuff. It is supposed to be a no keyboard usuage deal with all mouse, but I'm probably going to stick with W7 for a while.

Are you using the Metro start menu for touch screens?