Question!

Lyndy

I dunno if this has been suggested before or if it's not even possible, but I was wondering about a waiting list for the L4D2 server? Because waiting three hours just to play ONE campaign can get really annoying, especially when other players have better luck getting in when they first want to play. And when the player would finally be able to get in after three hours, the people that they would want to play with would leave because it's been three hours.

So, what I'm asking is... is it possible to have some sort of waiting list to get into the game without having to be a GC member? Sure, I plan on getting the membership now after the update since I don't have to use Paypal anymore, but still... waiting three hours just to play ONE campaign is just ridiculous and not fair to the person who has been trying for three hours when another player can get in instantly (either member or non-member).

Autojoin-retry ftw.

This I'm pretty sure is impossible. We can't really make more than 2 spectator slots for members due to instability issues with the more you have. It's a very popular server at the peak times, and because of that, waiting to join is part of the territory, which sucks i know. Part of it is the game design, making campaigns that can take up to 2 hours to finish, and no one wants to leave before they at least complete one campaign.

The best you can do is view the server and hit the join auto-retry button so as soon as a spot opens up you're joining the game. But even this wont be necessarily useful unless you can stay in the spectator slots, which requires membership. I'm sorry we can't really do anything for non-members.

Edited by samurai nightling

Yeah, I was getting ready to say I can't really auto-join successfully since I'm not a member at the moment and I wouldn't know if a player left the game or a spec left the game. But thanks anyways!

(edited)

Awesomesauce. So whenever everything is set for my Steam account, I will get a notice or somethin' about it? Also, I gave my login ID instead of my Steam I.D. when I bought it. Will I have to fix that? >_>

Found out how to get the I.D., so here it is STEAM_1:0:41376311

Edited by Lyndy

What I used to do Lyndy, is go through shift tab and find a friend in the server. Click on view game info, and join. While connecting, do shift tab again and view game info again. From here, you can either wait, click 'ok' when you get disconnected, or just join again through shift tab and join before you get kicked out. Its a very effective method to be sure you're monopolizing the empty slot when someone leaves

• 2 weeks later...

What i do is in console type connect 216.52.148.77:27015 and spam that until I get in. I usually beat the autojoin feature from team and its a more effective way on having a greater chance on getting in.