Banned from L4D2 Server

Fenix

Hello folks at GCFTW.com,

Game: gcftw L4D2 server, versus mode, 20 players (+2 spectators) ip: 216.52.148.77

Steam ID: 7598 11 "Fenixstorm" STEAM_1:0:20634059 00:51 140 0 active 30000

I was recently banned from your server, which came as a shock to me, but nonetheless knew why. We were in the No Mercy map, 3rd chapter, and we were being held up by a tank in the sewers. I decided to jump down with someone else and pop an adrenaline shot to get the tank to chase me, this way the others could drop down. As I made it to the hospital above the sewers, the tank was right behind me, and then I was Disconnected due to rushing. So I tried connecting to the server again and I was banned within a minute of being on the server (we were waiting for the new chapter to start, I was infected).

I really apologize for doing this, esspecially when I know rushing sucks (I tend to get placed on poopty teams that always have like 1-4 rushers that don't help on other servers). I absolutely love this server and it really sucks that I was banned, now I have an empty place in my heart :( I promise this won't happen again since I like this server too much to be banned, not to mention I hate rushers as well.

If you could lift this ban I would greatly appreciate it!

Sincerely,

Zach (Fenixstorm)

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to come here and post your situation. We really like the nice folks on the servers to stick around who find our place actually worth fighting for to play on when things like this occur.

As far as your ban, we're having some technical issues with our sourcebans website that will hopefully be resolved soon so we can check out who banned you and for how long, but my guess is if it was for rushing, its only temporary. Maybe a few hours or a day at most I'm thinking. That's what I would ban a rusher for. Either it will expire by the time you see this or try to play again, and if not by then we can see all the details when the site is back up and running and we can remove it for your kind request here. Either way we can work things out for you.

Enjoy more zombie slayings! Also please feel free to poke around these parts and get a feel for what GC is all about, maybe make some new friends :P

• Like 1

Hey Samurai,

Thanks for the quick response! So a temp ban for rushing huh? I'll have to check out the server later when I'm wide awake...I've literally been awake since before I was banned, and I'm exhausted. But rest assured I'll be trying to get on the server tonight. Oh ya, do you guys know or can you recommend any good macros to use on my G15 keyboard, or where I can get help making them? I can't seem to get my G keys to work properly when opening the menu to buy items, otherwise I have to type it in, and that slows me down while playing in that intense environment you guys created.

TY,

Zach

PS. Did you guys see the new Dark Knight and Prometheus Trailers today? It's what I was doing after I got banned...I guess new trailers came out last night/early in the morning.

GC Board Member

Bug maestro piano whatever ( :) ), he has a G15 and admins the L4D2 server.

If rushing then yes, 95% chance it's a temp. Game on in a few.

And yes, we're moving our stats and bans in-house at the moment. Have a little chop as we get the game server and the webserver to play nice; probably be a bit.

Yeah thats an excellent topic on all teh commands to use in the server and how to bind them to keys. I also have a G15 an oddly enough dont use my G keys for any commands though. I probably should work on getting them moved from other keys to the G keys.

And as far as sourcebans, still can't see it yet. Theyre working on getting it all working properly. Worst time to come and ask to be unbanned lol. Hopefully its expired, otherwise itll just be until its working again that we can unban you.

GC Server Admin
(edited)

It was a temp ban for 15 mins - btw, I got a G510 - don't ask me how I got it to work, it was trial and error - took me almost 5 days to understand how to use a G-key and the in-built help too complicated for me.

Edited by MPG1770