Time for New Rig? or would changing from Win7 32 to 64bit help?

Than

Well there's a big part of your problem: Norton. There is no reason to run it if it is your personal computer and you are not surfing unsavory websites and opening every .exe attachment that is sent to you. If you have to run an antivirus, install Microsoft Security Essentials and be done with it. It works really well and is only a fraction of the resource hog that Norton is. It even has better detection than Norton.

Thanks, I just uninstalled norton and I am downloading Security Essentials right now. I didn't know Microsoft supplied anything for free.

• Like 1

Your computer thanks you.

What about windows live mail, I found it really slow previously when I was running 32 bit win7 with only 2GB ram, so when I upgraded to 64 bit I tried Mozilla thunderbird, but I don't see a way to import all my old messages. Now that I am going to have 8GB of ram should I just re-install windows live mail?

Thanks,

UC

Your computer thanks you.

What about windows live mail, I found it really slow previously when I was running 32 bit win7 with only 2GB ram, so when I upgraded to 64 bit I tried Mozilla thunderbird, but I don't see a way to import all my old messages. Now that I am going to have 8GB of ram should I just re-install windows live mail?

Thanks,

UC

Depends on how your mail is set up. The best way to move mail is usually drag and drop with imap.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my rig is running much better. I do still have CSS, what is the best way to say it "seem jittery" but that may just be my connection to my ISP or my ISP.

Thank you to everyone that posted! your help is greatly appriciated.

UC