Server Discconnections

7771D7V1GH7

I just noticed something. Whenever we all get disconnected from the server/ the server crashes.

BinkOpen( c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\media\l4d2_background03.bik )

Why does that ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ pop up in console?

~midnight~

Thats like, the random video you see for menus and stuff. From what I gather getting disconnected resets the pre-load data, and when console errors out it lists all the things it wasnt able to finish load... but I dont really know, best guess.

Has it always crashed like this? Or is this a new thing?

Suggestion otherwise, can the server 'reload' the same map it was on? And maybe if there is a way to do this, run a 'reconnect' command on players ? (i guess it would have to know it was going to crash but just a thought

Server crashing can be caused by a number of things. Valve Updated the game and the server hasnt gotten update, the Host site doing maintenance, Host site server OS is being buggy (requires server restart), Plugins conflicting, cache folder is overloaded (i.e too many players have been connection to the server, thus requires a server restart to clear the cache). I cant remember if its Windows or Linux servers that crash the most.

In console you can type 'connect <ip>' and quick connect that way, a lot of people do this. to open console you have to push the '~'(its called a tilde(pronounced tildi)), but you have to have option enabled I believe, some games have it on by default, but Valve usually has it off. ~ is next to the 1 key (not on the numpad)

Edited by ValenAlvern

Hey Jackie, could you, uh, help me fix my life bro? It's kinda messed up man, I know you can do it.

Help me Jackie Chan, you're my only hope.

:P:p

He can probably help you with that after the server stops crashing - priorities, y'know :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...