kicked from 10v10 L4D2

Ace

Isnt the point of playing is to play until someone kills you ? not for you to let them kill you on purpose whether it be spitters or any other infected. When i play, I play to survive and to help keep my team members alive as well. I was not incapped or anything infact i was kneeling down with my back to wall and the other player i was with whom i followed after we was told to move ahead, he got jockeyed. I was then vote kicked, that is why i typed to you that youre the one who told us to move ahead.

No, the point of playing is to help your team win. Holding spitters, especially early on is crippling to your team. Here is why:

1) re-spawning a spitter yourself to yourself allows you 4 spits in less than the time it takes for 2, 1 for each initially charged spit and 1 for each death spit

2) re-spawning a spitter from yourself to someone else allows multiple spits, typically to higher priority locations than you could ever achieve yourself

3) holding a spitter, especially early on means that somewhere, someone getting charged is not getting spat on - denying valuable combination team work. It is not often that a spitter that has had its spit gets another high points opportunity with their second spit

Even with 5 spitters in play, you still cannot get spit out as fast as if you spit and die, so the team is still hurting because you have decided to farm with spit - despite the fact that more spit could be placed on better targets if you would just get off spitter. Ultimately, you are still dragging down team performance and opportunity.

@Van Alvern - chargers don't earn close to what spitters get, worst points in the game. Hunters, if you can high pounce maybe, but I have yet to see a hunter get 50 points from a single pounce, I have seen this done with a spitter frequently.

Like I said before, there is very little that is more crippling to a team than that rooftop or trailing spitter, area spitting to little affect and not letting (possibly multiple) others get in a put 2 spits and maybe a claw on target.

Now im not here to start a tinkleing contest, or a argument within your community, if this is your rule when playing as a spitter on your server to spit and die and not spit and survive, then you go ahead and play that way. Who says youre the expert, and what makes you an expert ? Do you have a degree in the Left4Dead 2 school ? or hold a degree in a Left4Dead2 college ?

lol, you have 21.33 hours in this mod - I have to say that you don't know what you don't know yet - but lets not tinkle...

Point is simple, we all want to win of course, but when you make guests feel unwelcomed they tend to stay away. But eventually you will be playing alone as people (players) will get feed up with the constant kicking or bullying. Having rules are good it helps govern us in our everyday life and yes in gaming too. We need rules to set guidelines, and if you feel i was rushing then i deserve to be kicked like all others.

No offense, but people playing the victim make me feel ill.

After i made it to the small shed between the railroad cars and house, there was no tanks then, You then said to move ahead now remember none of us can see behind us, i dont use 3rd person view, heck dont know if this is available but when this was said i ran ahead with the other player. Now by moving ahead , if this caused you to become under attacked by other infected, then you can't say it's my fault. When i looked back i was already in the house, shooting infected players from it.

You were on the porch of the spit house, incapped if I remember correctly - we were not even past the bus -> rushing.

• Like 1

Maybe we should start a new thread for the whole 'spitter: to spit and die or spit and not die' discussion? I think there are some different opinions amongst the members about how to treat this.

We can keep saying Ace rushed or didn't rush... at this point that doesn't really matter anymore, which was why this thread was started in the first place.

Spit and die. It's the only way of life. :)

It's pretty simple, from both a strategic vantage *and* a team mentality. Holding onto Spitters while they recharge is hurting your team.

The best way to help your team and maximize your team's chances of winning is to spit and die.

To do otherwise is not only borderline selfish, but it flies in the face of the entire attitude of the Server - teamwork is #1.

• Like 2

(edited)

I am not arguiing with anyone. Since this new guy "Ace" seems he is going to stay. Then welcome to the server as well.

On that note, we can have a vote or discussion about spitters, but the topis is about the kick

The kick occured after numerous requests were made to the rusher. The rusher was new so maybe we did not call out his name properly etc which happens.

We were under attack by a tank. Because of two people who rushed made it 8 vs 10 on peak hours. You all know peak hours. All top players, so we were slaughted 100 feet outside the start safe room.

Some people were saying stop rushing, others yelling, others saying just kick because he does not listen. Others concentrating on tank.

While Incappped, I made a votekick. It was unanimous (100%). In addition, the other team had an admin and did not veto the vote. i know who it was, but i am not finger pointing. Heck, plenty of times Biggs will veto a vote of mine and we get along great.

In the end, there are some rules you must follow, others are learned as you play. This is a very competitive server. If you just listen, we will all get along.

On that note, someone said that the regulars flip on a dime with the attiude. That is because if you play like a team, and listen, you get the respect.

-G

Edited by Garychios

If this became a separate discussion, everyone would have to behave. A lot of these kinds of things turn into an admin flamewar. Now if we had an admin move everything related to the Spit and Die motto (yes motto, since its not a "hidden rule" as some people think it is.) into a new thread called "Spit and Die? Is it Healthy for You?"(come on, thats a funny topic name.)

(If an admin does do this (or can do this) thank in advance.)

Edited by ValenAlvern