E3

JackieChan

Anyone as unimpressed with E3 as I am?

Watched Microsoft's Press Conference. You can use it to fall asleep too:

Open with Halo, obviously. Nothing impressive there.

Next comes Splinter Cell - A game where you can go through an entire level killing like 3 out of 50 enemies, to shoot anything that moves. Way to drop the ball on another awful game, Ubisoft.

EA Sports? Lol, nope. Same old shovelware sports games.

Another Gears game? Develop something original, Epic. The only games you guys know how to make are Gears and UT.

Love the pre-rendered footage of Forza. 0% gameplay, 100% computer generated. Could have done without the awful dubstep in there too.

NO one is going to talk to their TV to find the stuff they want. They'll not only look like a doofus, no one is going to memorize all the voice commands or whatever it has.

Nike advertising + kinect = snooooooooze

X-box + mobile device = snooooooooze²

"Lol, let's show a little bit more of Halo to wake people up again and get them to clap afterward."

Tomb Raider? More like Scripted Events Raider. Lol, I can ignite my arrows with my MIIIIIND. Let's not forget that that every enemy seems to be shooting their guns with their eyes closed. Lol at the waterfall part. Where does her gun go when shes shooting all that debris, and where does it come from? Plus, I think anyone would be dead after all that. She isn't Nathan Drake.

Ascend, ooooo, a mediocre looking game, but let's have slowdowns for all the blood and destruction as pointless eyecandy. Trololololol.

Capcom. "Today we will show you the latest skdhfkajdhfe shix" What? *video starts playing* oooooohhhh... Resident Evil 6... Let's just hope it won't be as bad as RE5 was.

Ugh... more Kinect kiddy-looking games. Another one of those catapult-like games.

Hah, that South Park game that has the graphics that are the show. I like how the South Park part got a bigger applause than most of the things they showed. This is the only game I'm actually looking forward to.

Great...another Dance Central game. Pass! By the way, Usher, you try too hard. Way too painful to watch. There's only so much more of the conference I can skip!

Yay...Shovelware of Duty. Zzzzzzzzzz..... Seriously, what is up with games overusing all these slowdown scenes?! Lol, I need hitmarkers in single player because I can't tell if I killed someone by their body falling to the ground. Please.

All the games being played by people look like pre-recorded footage. They sure love to show off a lot of what they've been doing in games this generation. Explosions, seemingly invincible protagonists, run and gun, over-excessive slowdown events, quick time events, pre-rendered footage, and the same "clear a room, cutscene, clear a room, cutscene, rinse, repeat" formula. Seems like gaming is only for the money and not for the imaginative content that can be made.

I'll continue sticking with indie games.

So far the only press conference I've found rough was Ubisoft. Aisha Tyler is very attractive but pairing her up with some YouTube guy (which I didn't believe at first because I thought who in the hell would watch this guy?) was rather atrocious. I think they would have been better off just having her host it on her own and drop the skits.

Snooze indeed. I've not been impressed by anything since the Source engine.

As for the "Smart Glass" thing, most of those features I've had for a while now just using a free DLNA server with my TV's built in DLNA client. Totally controllable with my Droid phone/tablet.

And the lag for the voice commands and Kinect is pitiful.

And was there a single new title in any of that?? Its ALL rehashed old titles. I mean, digging up TR? Really? Are we there again already? And did anyone else think "Ascend" looked like God of War(craft). And "Matter" is what we called "Marble Madness" for the NES about 25 years ago.

They need to load up these "creative exec" guys, and the ones currently in charge of Hollywood, and set them all on fire. Not an original idea anywhere here.

(edited)

Snooze indeed. I've not been impressed by anything since the Source engine.

As for the "Smart Glass" thing, most of those features I've had for a while now just using a free DLNA server with my TV's built in DLNA client. Totally controllable with my Droid phone/tablet.

And the lag for the voice commands and Kinect is pitiful.

And was there a single new title in any of that?? Its ALL rehashed old titles. I mean, digging up TR? Really? Are we there again already? And did anyone else think "Ascend" looked like God of War(craft). And "Matter" is what we called "Marble Madness" for the NES about 25 years ago.

They need to load up these "creative exec" guys, and the ones currently in charge of Hollywood, and set them all on fire. Not an original idea anywhere here.

That's surprising since the Source engine is a complete turd. The only thing remarkable about Half-Life 2 was the physics and the Source engine has been aging ever since with minor updates that doesn't put it remotely on par with any modern engine. In the initial videos of Half-Life 2 the physics looked MUCH better than what was in the final game, so even the best feature was dumbed down from their prerelease footage.

Edited by VooDooPC

Nintendo is gonna be the best regardless now, even if they showed 3 Mario games, it would be infinitely better than what the others shown. It'll be the greatest E3 if Nintendo announced a smaller version of the 3DS, 3DSlite.

I havent been impressed with any E3, last one I was impressed is when they announced the new consoles (aka ps3, wii, 360) cause at least they SHOWed the future of console of gaming instead of, "Here more stuff for our dying 8 year old consoles". Nintendo already knows its time the move on to make another console.

Edited by ValenAlvern

Watch Dogs looks most promising to me so far. Keeping an eye on GOW Ascenscion too, curious about the multiplayer.

Assassins Creed 3 might restore my faith in the series (i quit after brotherhood, the games got WAY too easy and kind of boring)

As stated by some people above, everything seems so scripted. Did you see the Splinter Cell demo? It's like: press a button and you instantly kill 4 enemies and traverse a high-risk section. Tomb Raider looks way too much like Uncharted.

Far Cry 3 promises a lot of choice-making concerning missions, so that may be a step up. I hate games that consist of nothing but: go there, watch cutscene, press one button, watch another cutscene. Congrats on finishing the game. I made an exception for the Uncharted series.

The Elder Scrolls Online

I'm interested in it. I'm also interested in Guild Wars 2 based on vids. I just want another experience like I had when I first entered WoW. A new giant world to explore with thousands of ways to get killed in it like a noob.

What was the last WoW killer that was came out a year or two ago? I played the beta but now I can't even recall the name of it. I just hope this it doesn't become another skull outside the cave of WoW as so many other MMOs have. (yeah, I got that from Yahtzee over at Escapist.com)

GC Alumni

The Elder Scrolls Online

I'm interested in it. I'm also interested in Guild Wars 2 based on vids. I just want another experience like I had when I first entered WoW. A new giant world to explore with thousands of ways to get killed in it like a noob.

What was the last WoW killer that was came out a year or two ago? I played the beta but now I can't even recall the name of it. I just hope this it doesn't become another skull outside the cave of WoW as so many other MMOs have. (yeah, I got that from Yahtzee over at Escapist.com)

Only one that comes to mind was Rift.